aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

API proper ph cloudy water

I have had this tank for about 2 weeks and I decided to add api proper ph 7.0 because I wanted my ph to be a little lower. However, it completely made my water cloudy. What should I do???
  2. NicePoeci

"Freshwater" Flounder

So a local pet shop here in Las Vegas had about 7 of these "freshwater" flounders for sale that they were kept in entirely freshwater. They were on bare bottom glass and super stressed out and I had a sandy 75 gallon I thought would be perfect for them considering they were about 2" long at that...
  3. Ijustlikefish

Can I keep my freshwater aquarium on carpet?

can I keep my aquarium on carpet? If so please give me reasons why.
  4. Ijustlikefish

Zebra plecos jumping

I’m planning to keep zebra plecos and I would like to have a tank with no lid. I can not find any information about zebra plecos jumping out their tank, and I’ve mixed stuff about other plecos. What do you think?
  5. R

Cheap tanks

Anyone know anywhere to get good cheap 20-50 gallon tanks? The local fishstores an amazon are both asking an arm and a leg for it.
  6. U

Help!!! New aquarium

Hey guys, I’m new here and to the aquarium life. And I’m in love. But over the last couple of months I’ve been struggling to get the levels right. But finally within the last two weeks I got the ammonia levels just perfect. Except I just did a 50% water change and the ammonia has spiked again...
  7. A

Wiped Down Turtle Tank with Soap. What do I Do?

A couple of weeks ago, I wiped the top of my RES tank with a paper towel and a light amount of “countertop spray” soap (don’t know what I was thinking). Now, my RES will barely eat and there are an excessive amount of bubbles forming along the edges of his tank. I completely changed the water a...
  8. S

Goldfish constantly keeps mouth open

My goldfish swims around everywhere with his mouth wide open. It started happening about a day ago. He can still eats and swims fine, but sometimes he isolates himself from the other goldfish in the tank. I attached a photo of what he looks like and there seems to be some kind of substance in...
  9. M

Replacement glass for a 55gal hexagon tank?

Is there anywhere that can custom-cut glass that would be suitable to replace a pane in a 55 gallon hexagon aquarium? The aquarium was made in 1999, and apparently no one makes glass hex aquariums of that size anymore. It was my girlfriend's father's aquarium... he passed away in November of...
  10. The Dave

Cherry Shrimp - How To Breed, What To Feed, And Everything You Need.

This amazing high definition video takes an up close look at the life of the Cherry Shrimp. You will see detailed footage of them molting, mating, feeding, and giving birth. It is filled with detailed and accurate information about how to care for and breed dwarf shrimp in general, but with a...
  11. The Dave

A Guppy Having Babies

This amazing high definition video takes an up close look at the miracle of birth. You will see a gravid female guppy ( technically it's a female Orchid Endler ) giving birth to her 37 babies. There is lots of information, supported by video clips, that I am sure will amaze even the most jaded...
  12. N

My first aquarium ever. Looking for tips on what to improve.

So I've only recently "completed" my first aquarium. Quote marks because I don't think I'll ever be happy with it, every couple of days I feel like I gotta mess with something. I was wondering if any of the more experienced aquarists here could give me tips on how to improve the overall look of...
  13. N

Some newbie questions

Hi all, I have no prior knowledge of aquariums and so I am looking for some help. I am hoping to buy some plants for a tropical aquarium as a gift (Or other items maybe). I have to deliver them from here in England to a friend in Singapore. Sorry in advance if any of my questions seems very...
  14. S

Plants dying. Don't know why

I have a 20 gallon freshwater planted aquarium. I've had it for about 7 months and plants have constantly died in it and the last plant renaming is some Green Temple. I have eco-complete substrate, pH is a bit high at 7.6 and I'm working on lowering that but it doesn't seem to ever go down with...
  15. W

CO2 system for 330 g planted tank

I have been in the planted aquarium hobby for over a decade and have had a 330 gallon tank for two years now. But I have had to return to the basics with regard to CO2 injection because the system I set up - 4 inline difusers, 2 large reactors - reduced the flow to the tank so much that there...
  16. T

Saltwater freak setting up panted tank, advice appreciated

Hey everyone, I grew up with FW aquariums and have a good understanding of how FW tanks work, but limited physical experience. (One 50 gal/several nano fish only tanks, as well as a crazy awesome 30gal palludarium). I've been keeping impressive SW tanks for years. My uncle has a retail lounge...
  17. V

Looking for a aquatic plants Photographer

Hi, I am looking for a Photographer who can provide me HD Quality Photos of Aquatic Plants and related materials. It will be a long term work with weekly payments. Please contact me at Aquaticplants07@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you very much. Vishal
  18. G

Euthanasia - Clove Oil

I'm a Fisheries undergrad and in my class we had to tag live fish. We used clove oil, which acts as a numbing agent and slows their respiration. In larger quantities it also can euthanize fish. I have done this three times for my own personal fish. I had a golden dojo loach with wasting away...
  19. F

Help! Nitrate levels have been high for months! How will he make it another day?

When I first rescued my Jack Dempsey, almost a year ago, he was very ill and I had to keep him in a ten gallon tank. (I was a new fish owner and never could get my levels to 0 or close to 0) Then after a few months, I bought a 55 gallon tank and cycled it for a month and a half. Then I...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store