freshwater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. D

Seeds causing some sort of jelly?

Hi everyone :) Am a newbie, started with guppies and about 6 weeks in and doing good. All alive and one gave birth (didn't know it was pregnant lol. They were all supposed to be female) so 3 fish turned into about 20. Basically, I wanted to enrich their environment. I got a good size tank but...
  2. My Fishy1

FS 4 Extra Large Frontosa Burundi

Hi, I have 4 extra large Frontosa Burundi for sale. The male is 12" long, and there are 3 females 8-10" long. Selling all 4 as a set for $800.00 . They are healthy and eating well. They are currently housed in 135 gallon tank. Long time tropical fish breeder that is exiting the hobby. Hate to...
  3. Ijustlikefish

Can I keep my freshwater aquarium on carpet?

can I keep my aquarium on carpet? If so please give me reasons why.
  4. Stormyrose786

Tetra with shimmies?

I keep reading shimmies is common in mollies & guppies. I have mollies, guppies, tetras, & bottom feeders. The other night, I noticed one tetra looked like it was dancing, but it also didn't look right, & didn't stop...hasn't stopped. I knew my tank had high nitrates, but I had already gotten...
  5. M

Tank mates

I have guppies, panda cories, otocinclus, plecos, chili rasboras, and neos. I was wondering if I could add odessa barbs to a somewhat planted community 55 gallon tank? Thanks
  6. PurpleGem

Single white spot on fish, is it the start of ich, something else or nothing to worry about?

On the top of his tail, I notice a white area a few weeks ago which has gradually raised. You can see it just before his tail starts, above the black marking on his side. At first I thought maybe it was just part of his markings until it became more of a small lump.
  7. C

Tank Mates for Angelfish in a 55 Gallon

Hello all! First time posting here so I hope everything is formatted correctly. I currently have 2 large Veiled Angelfish (no idea if they are a spawning pair, I got them a year or so ago when I was just getting into bigger tanks but they have never showed any aggression towards one another...
  8. A

Hurt angelfish advice

Hello all, Two months I had an angel fish stuck in a decoration which he managed to recover from and was doing well. A two days ago he seemed to be having trouble moving around the tank or going for food. This morning he was struggling at the bottom of the tank. The other two angels were...
  9. R

Fish Keep Dying in My Freshwater Tank

Hello! I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank. I purchased it and let it sit for four days before introducing a glow light neon tetra and a powder blue dwarf gourami. The glow light neon tetra died and I bought two of the traditional neon tetras. They died within a few hours of me putting them in...
  10. Stormyrose786

Really, really need help with aquarium water

I will try to keep this simple....First, I know my main problem is very high KH, which also means very high PH. We have had aquariums in the past with much less trouble. But my uncle decided about a month ago, I think, to start a new one, which I am left to care for, as he works out of state...
  11. M

What snails are these??

So I have a planted 15 gallon tank with many old freshwater fish and a few mystery snails. But I currently have maybe 10-15 of the most tiny sand colored snails hanging around. Some hitch hiking then dropping off the mystery snails but not bothering anything. Does anyone know what kind they...
  12. F

Who has large tank recommendations?

Looking for 150 gallon large tank. My old tank was Red Sea peninsula, wanted to try a different tank. I'm planning on keeping freshwater fish, and use artificial plants so does not need to be a scaper tank. I'd actually prefer to be not a scaper tank. Any recommendations are appreciated.
  13. A

External Filter Choice

Hi all! I'm looking to upgrade my 120L tank with an external filter, with no idea where to start if I'm honest. I'll be looking to live plant it in the next couple of months, and currently have it stocked with a flame gourami, 3 kuhli loach, 6 guppies (all male- no breeding), and 6 panda...
  14. HugoFish

Any one familiar with Glo Danios?

Recently I got some Glo Danios. Does anyone have some info about this type of fish cause google is almost empty of info for this type ? Are they easy to breed? How to know when a female is ready to lay eggs? Guppies vs Glo Dainos, which one is better? etc....
  15. HugoFish

How to remove infection from tank ?

PLEASE READ TILL THE END , THNX :) Hi guys , long time no see. Dont know where to start , i got a infected fish a couple of month ago and thats where the problems began. Every month 1 of my fish die . The water parameters are JUST FINE , the level of nitrite is 0 and the nitrate is almost 0 ...
  16. HugoFish

H2O2 has a problem!!

BBA was getting a bit out of control so i decidet to try H2O2 for the first time in my tank.Removed all the fishes and applyed 15ml or 4 teaspoons for my 10gallon tank.The problem is that i waited 20 min and nothing happend , no bubbles nothing... Think that the problem must be the hydrogen...
  17. Joannestech92

Epsom salt dosage?

Can someone please help me determine how much epsom salt to put in a 2 gallon bucket for a salt dip? And how long...i felt confident until i started seeing so many different dosages. I have a bloated angelfish. Hoping to get someone who has successfully done a salt dip.
  18. HugoFish

Destroy BBA!

Hi guys, the BBA is destroying my tank. it is all over my plants and I don't know how to stop it. I have reduced the lighting to 8 h per day but they still keep growing. I have watched videos that they mix H2O2 with seachem , but the problem is that I live in Albania, a place where you can only...
  19. HugoFish

[DIY] What can i use like biological filter media ?

Hi guys i was wondering what can i use like biological filter media , for my second HOB filter because it has some free space . ONLY DIY THINGS! P.S = Don't say lava rock
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store