mbuna

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. J

Best Combo for 55G? (Single Mbuna But Variety of Species In Tank?)

I was wondering if it was a bad idea to but singles in a tank setup? I really like the Giant Demasoni (Blue Dolphin Manda) but they're a bit big to put too many in my tank. I thought maybe I could get 1 or 2 since they're apparently so chill. I also like the Maison Reef Cichlid but the females...
  2. S

Acceptable GH and KH levels for mixed Mbuna tank

Hi, this is my first post on MFK. I have had freshwater tanks for many years, but this is my first time keeping African cichlids. I am currently in the process of setting my tank up and am using eco complete cichlid sand as my substrate. Out of the tap my Ph is 8.3, my Gh is 7, and my Kh is 6...
  3. T

Baby African Cichlids 20 Gallon Tank Question

I would like to know how many baby African Cichlids I can safely keep in a 20 gallon tank. I plan to upgrade to a 75 gallon tank, as soon as they grow in size(aprox. 6-8 months). I am currently have 1 demasoni, 1 bumblebee, 1 yellow lab, 1 tropheus duboisi. I appreciate all of your feedback in...
  4. BlazeitChris

55 Gallon Re-stocking 2.0

Hey everyone. So long story short the rest of my rainbowfish have recently passed from a unidentifiable disease which has not affected the other fish in my tank to my knowledge. The current stock at the moment is: 2 juv. clown loaches, 1 bn pleco, 1 synodontis, 1 Siamese algae eater (NOT...
  5. A

Name Another Fish, Please!

I'm fairly new to Mbuna cichlids. Got a tank set up, and we came across this GORGEOUS peacock and we just HAD to have it. Can anyone confirm that it is in fact a peacock, and maybe even go further to tell us what kind it is?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store