betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. G

Sick (or old?) betta

Shish is a single male betta, approximately 2.5 years old, kept in a 3.5 gallon tank. Parameters are all good at every weekly test/25% change. He suffered (I think) a case of popeye maybe two months ago, which was treated with Melafix; his eye is still cloudy but the swelling has gone down, so...
  2. B

really sick betta- please help

hi! i took home a betta fish yesterday from petco that was NOT doing well at all. ive been doing research all day and i think he has velvet, swim bladder disease, and columnaris. hes not eating, has little black spots on his fin, a med sized wooly white patch and redness on his sides, and he has...
  3. S

New (shipped) betta flashing? Med recs?

Hello all. This little fellow just arrived early this afternoon after 5 days in the mail. He is in a 6 gallon tank, with normal parameters (it hasn't quite been two weeks of running it yet so not fully cycled yet, but no ammonia or nitrite). Water was prepped with Prime, Stability and a bit of...
  4. M

Baby Betta Fish Gender

I bought a baby boy betta a few weeks ago and I'd like to know what his gender is. He's an inch long from nose to tail now. He was smaller. He is very active and eats from my fingers.
  5. P

Discoloration on Lethargic Betta

Does anyone know what this orangey discoloration on my betta is? He’s usually black and blue, this isn’t normal for him. First noticed a spot this morning and it has spread considerably. New to the hobby and just want my dude to be okay, ready and willing to learn. 6 days ago, filter got...
  6. S

Dropsy or parasites/overfeeding?

Hello all! My betta Stitch has been lethargic for the last 24 hours or so, and I am concerned about dropsy. Would love some insights if possible. I had to enhance the pictures a bit since he is most black and getting a good shot was tough. I should note that he does normally have black around...
  7. A

Sexing Baby Betta Fish

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm looking for opinions on the gender of this baby betta I bought. It's about an inch long right now. I see no egg spot and it's been displaying typical "male" behaviors (flaring, building bubble nests, etc.) but I know that females can do that too. I'd love to hear...
  8. Vincenia

7.5 gallon betta tank

I’m starting to love the shape of cube tanks thanks to my 14 gallon rimless cube. Saw that aqueon had a 7.5 gallon shrimp tank and that would make a good betta tank with some amano shrimp or cherry shrimp(if the betta doesn’t eat them). Debating on either a wild type, wild hybrid or a dragon plakat.
  9. PurpleGem

How long do I keep my betta in the hospital container after treatment?

I treated my betta with Blue Planet's tri sulfa and although during treatment it seemed to get worse, after the treatment finished the symptoms have nearly disappeared. How much longer should I keep him separated? He shares the main tank with some endlers, the lady who was instructing me on...
  10. PurpleGem

Small yellow spots, please help ID

Hi all, I've posted before about my betta having this strange grey coating around his gills. I've seen these small flecks before , there were only one or two but today I noticed a lot more of them around his left gill, the patch on his left side and in his right nostril. They aren't white, more...
  11. A

New to planted tanks — substrate suggestions/opinions?

Hey! I am a newbie to planted tanks but recently I’ve been researching some low tech plants to include in my aquarium. I currently have two plants and am using the Seachem Flourite brown natural substrate. My question is: is this an okay option? My plants so far haven’t seemed to stay in the...
  12. hickory_smoke

Help! Mysterious Spot on Betta's Head?

Hello everyone! First-time fish keeper, I've had my aquarium for about two weeks now! I have a beautiful male black orchid super delta betta fish, two African dwarf frogs, and three blue mystery snails! I have them all in a 9 gallon Fluval Flex aquarium with all live plants. All seem to be doing...
  13. F

Betta Fish Ripping Tail?!?!

Hi- I’ve had my betta for a bit longer than a month now and recently, he’s been tearing his tail (...a lot). He never did this before, and I first started noticing the tears about a week ago. I removed anything that I thought could be causing it (driftwood, big stone), yet he’s still tearing...
  14. F

HELP! WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY BETTA??

Hi! I’m a new betta fish owner and my betta is acting off. I got him a little over a week ago, and since I put him in the tank, he’s been gliding along the glass and staying at the top of the water. I checked and there is 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, and the ph is about 7.4. I also have a...
  15. L

ISO Metaframe Betta Tank

I know this is a long shot but I’m looking for this specific tank. Would like for the glass to be intact.
  16. Sprinkle

Betta with lose of activity level and molly fry with not ICH

Hi all! I've noticed that my betta has lost some of his activity level. He lays on bottom without slightest movement. My temp is fine I suppose, but I will make it a bit higher and remove some of the water as it seems that the current heater I have is unstable, doesn't heat from time to time...
  17. B

Is my betta fish sick/dying or getting old or sleeping

I have a Siamese fighting fish (Betta) for about a yearand about a month ago he started laying on the bottom of the tank. I have a 20L tank, heater, filter, thermometer, hiding spotsplastic plants. He used to be very active and only rested at night. He used to eat all the food I put in and...
  18. L

Red spots on Betta?

Hi, I set up a small aquarium for a black orchid betta male about a week or two ago, and I’ve noticed he has these little red looking spots on his head that have spread. They almost look like ulcers or like his scales are missing? He is overall pretty active and is eating fine. The tank is 3.5...
  19. A

Green neon tetras disappear in the night.

I recently bought 12 half inch or so green neon tetras. They swam around fine throughout the day.. but when I turn the lights out for the night and come back the next morning. Some of them disappeared. It’s been happening every night, same routine, now I’m down to just one left. I can’t seem to...
  20. C

Bloated female betta

I’ve had this female betta for a 2 months now and the first week I got her, after feeding her I saw that she was bloated in the tummy so I didn’t feed her for two days. After that I bought her dried blood worms which she doesn’t like and the aqueon betta pellets which is her normal food now...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store