pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

Bristlenose catfish ageing

Hi I've owned fish for the last 13 years so I'm not new to the hobby but I recently got two bristlenose catfish or pleco and I have never owned them before they are about an inch and a half long one is an albino female and the other a male normal with some lip whiskers I've had them for almost...
  2. L

Identification issues. Snowball pleco?

I got this guy for free from a Meijer because he’s bloated and his head was stuck in a snail shell. He was given to me with the label “Plecostomus Medium”. I can’t tell if he’s a hybrid or what. To me he looks most like a Snowball or I guess maybe a Bristlenose but he doesn’t have -nose-...
  3. M

Pleco doesnt seem to be eating. Help!

I have a baby 2inch common pleco. I put him in with some goldfish but he didn't seem to be eating. The goldfish started eating his food and now I'm concerned for him. I love the little guy and I've only had him about a week and a half. I separated him into his own tank alone and I check the disk...
  4. Ijustlikefish

Zebra plecos jumping

I’m planning to keep zebra plecos and I would like to have a tank with no lid. I can not find any information about zebra plecos jumping out their tank, and I’ve mixed stuff about other plecos. What do you think?
  5. M

Pleco with possible parasite

I found my pleco dead today. He was by himself, and was found with his head and tail shredded, and a hole in his stomach, like something came out or went inside him, and there was what looked a little like a bit of poop coming out of his bottom. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but he has...
  6. S

Is 20 Gal adequate for my ideal fish list?

Hi!, I have a fully cycled 20 gallon, in which I currently have 4 Glofish Tetras (one didn't survive the tank switch from 10-20 gallons) and I currently have a Dwarf Gourami and a Bristlenose Pleco in a 10 Gal quarantine tank. Ideally, I would like to have 6-7 Glo Tetras, the Dwarf Gourami...
  7. I

Grey pleco slowly turning white

Hello, I have 3 Pleco's together in a 55 Gal tank, I do regular water changes on a weekly bases. One of them is turning white for no reason while the other ones are black as can be, they all look healthy and you can see them cleaning the rocks and the glass as they would normally do. He has...
  8. N

my pleco looks like it is dying idk what to do i need help now

so this is my bfs issue first off, but a couple days ago (maybe like 4 days ago) my bf got a common pleco from petco at about 5”. he is a beginner at this and did some research and really wanted one, the lady gave us her recommendations which were hardly any and placed the pleco in his tank that...
  9. A

Suspicious white “spot” on my plec’s belly. HELP please!

Hi everyone, this is my pride & joy, Simon. The apple of my eye & tank! I’ve noticed this morning that he has a rough looking white spot on his belly. I would liken it to a burn (??). I’m super worried& want reassuring that it’s a) probably nothing or b) that it’s early enough caught so I can...
  10. A

Is this pale coloration normal for plecos?

I dont normally pay much close attention to our fish because my boyfriend does all of the upkeep and such since I work a lot, but i recently noticed this white patchy coloration on our pleco. I've briefly seen it before but he would always swim away when I tried to shine a light on him. I asked...
  11. HugoFish

How to remove infection from tank ?

PLEASE READ TILL THE END , THNX :) Hi guys , long time no see. Dont know where to start , i got a infected fish a couple of month ago and thats where the problems began. Every month 1 of my fish die . The water parameters are JUST FINE , the level of nitrite is 0 and the nitrate is almost 0 ...
  12. HugoFish

Pleco wont eat vegetables!!

Hello i have a common pleco . Recived it a week ago ,and tried to give him different vegetables like zucchini or cucumber , but he wont even touch that! What should i do??
  13. C

Algae Tablets Freshwater “New Tank”

I have a two plecos mixed in with a few other fish. They have all been moved to a brand new 60 Gallon Tank “treated with conditioner, bacteria, and set at the right temp”. I have previously used Algae Wafers for the two Plecos in a tank and it caused one of the balloon belly Mollys to die. Is...
  14. S

My pleco is turning white! In need of help.

My pleco fish fins started getting white and then the top of his body and under his body. Im not sure if hes sick or what i should do . IS my fish dying?
  15. K

First cichlid tank suggestions

Hey all, this is my first post here. Sorry ahead of time if it's a lot at once :eek: I'm thinking of setting up a 75 gallon with an assortment of peacock cichlids and wanted some help setting it up! It'd be a standard 75 gallon tank, and for filtration I'm going to build a sump and refugium so I...
  16. M

Looking for L144 Plecos

I am looking to purchase a mature breeding pair of L144 Plecos, Longfin would be preferred. I am also interested in some Super Reds, Calico, or another strain similar. MUST be BN Pleco! Reply if you have any.
  17. K

False Sae

I believe I have a false Sae the pet store told me it was a true one. My question is My Sae is getting very fat and long? (About 2 to 3 inches long and the fatness of a pinky finger I am a newbie to this hobby but I have asked questions and did a little research. In my 20g tank I have 2 male...
  18. B

Pleco with Hole

Hi everyone I seem to have a issue with my pleco. I have had it for 2-3 years and no issues till last week. He decided to go behind some drift wood which has been in the tank forever and move it. He has done it many times before, but this time he scrapped off some skin on both sides of his body...
  19. A

Who ate the pleco?

I have a tank with zebra & leopard danios, neon tetras, a Siamese algae eater, Cory catfish and a baby albino bristlenose pleco. Today I saw that one of the fish had eaten the pleco but I don't know which fish would have done it. If you know which one may have eaten it, please tell me!
  20. F

The Bristlenose Pleco Breeding Files

My goal is to achieve a batch of super calico longfins Setup --------------------------------------- 29 gal In tank filter 100 w heater Oxegenating plants Driftwood ---------------------------------------------- Starting with super Reds / albino longfins Will get back with more info
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store