tropical

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. U

Help!!! New aquarium

Hey guys, I’m new here and to the aquarium life. And I’m in love. But over the last couple of months I’ve been struggling to get the levels right. But finally within the last two weeks I got the ammonia levels just perfect. Except I just did a 50% water change and the ammonia has spiked again...
  2. D

Stocking ideas

I currently have a 40 gallon breeder, it’s fully cycled, the PH is at 7.0 and the temp is set at 26 degrees, in the aquarium I currently have; 1 male juvenile Firemouth 6 Buenos Aires tetra Could anyone suggest anything else to put in this tank, haven’t got any preferences so any suggestion helps.
  3. Stormyrose786

Really, really need help with aquarium water

I will try to keep this simple....First, I know my main problem is very high KH, which also means very high PH. We have had aquariums in the past with much less trouble. But my uncle decided about a month ago, I think, to start a new one, which I am left to care for, as he works out of state...
  4. K

Combining tropical tankmates with my 5 year old bluegill

So i caught a baby bluebill in an aquarium net in the creek several years ago. She is at least 5 years old now and is maybe 7 inches long. I feed him cichlid pellets mostly but will treat him with wasps from my patio or minnows from the creek when available. He has done great in his 30gal but he...
  5. D

Cichclids Fish

Hey Guys, This is my first post here, needed some advice for the cichlids. I usually have all the tropical fish but one of my buddies is moving out of town and is giving me all his fishes which are cichlids. All I know about cichlids is that they're aggressive and won't pair with the tropical...
  6. N

New 12 gallon tank

I recently received a 12 gallon tank as a gift. I put all the water, conditioner, bio start, filter, heater and 2 live plants in. I let it sit for about a week and a half before putting the fish in about 2 days ago. In the tank I have 2 Guppies (male and female), 3 Platy fish (2 male, 1 female)...
  7. N

Dumb male guppie

Basically I got a tank a few weeks ago and waited till only a few days ago to put the fish in. I have 3 Platy fish, 2 guppies, 2 angel fish. My problem is that the male guppie pays almost no attention to the female guppie whatso ever. He occasionally chases the Platys, and even when he's not...
  8. A

29 gallon tank stocking ideas

Hi! So I have a 29 gallon freshwater tropical community tank that's well established and I'm looking into some compatible tank mates for the fish I already have. I own (2) angelfish, (2) flame dwarf gouramis, (1) platy, and (4) cory cats. I've been considering ram cichlids, cherry/amano shrimp...
  9. N

Some newbie questions

Hi all, I have no prior knowledge of aquariums and so I am looking for some help. I am hoping to buy some plants for a tropical aquarium as a gift (Or other items maybe). I have to deliver them from here in England to a friend in Singapore. Sorry in advance if any of my questions seems very...
  10. I

Noob needing to transfer tanks. advice please TIA!

Hello everyone, My name is Tawnya, I am about 2 months in to freshwater tropical fish. Currently I only have a 20 gallon tank. I bought a 55g tank that i would like to use. I admit this would be a lot easier if i started with the 55, but i had no idea i would love the whole process so much...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store