fungus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

Poop or Parasite?

I’m on the tail end of treating my QT for Ich, and I’m noticing a lot of white, stringy poop on the bottom. I’m wondering if this is a parasite or sign of something else like fungus, bacterial infection, etc. If it is, when should I start treating for it? I want to make sure the ich is...
  2. R

PLEASE HELP!

Hello everyone!, I’ve got a major issue I need help with. I recently scaped a 55 gallon and started some ground cover from seeds. Everything went well and had an awesome carpet going in 10 days. But the 11th day, I noticed a “spot” of something or other. Super hard to explain. I decided to fill...
  3. S

Dull White Spots and Growth on Glofish

Hello and help!! I have a 55 gallon long tank set up with 6 Glofish and 1 white skirt tetra, 6 neon tetras, 8 bloodfin tetras, 4 albino cories, 2 B.n. plecos (at about 3 and 4 inches) and 1 rainbow shark. The tank has been up for 2 months now. All of my fish are active and eating well/acting...
  4. K

HELP! White material on the shell of my zebra nerite snail in quarantine - need to identify!!!!

I bought this snail from a LPS a week and a half ago. I put him in a one gallon bowl to quarantine him before adding him to my 5-gallon marineland portraitview betta tank. I do not know the gender of the snail but will refer to him/her as *male* in this post. A few facts about the snail and the...
  5. S

5YO Goldfish w/ red spots on head

I've had my Goldie in a 20-gallon tank in Alpharetta while I'm at vet school in Athens. I transferred her to her 55-gallon tank here in Athens today. She's been away from here for a few months now so I just noticed this on her head. A friend/"fish expert" thinks it's fungus. What do you guys...
  6. C

Does my ADF have a fungus problem?

Hi I am a bit worried about my little fellow. He has loads of these tiny white spots on his belly. He has been acting fine and normal although recently I have had to swap him into another tank because he was getting into the internal filter, so he is probably suffering a little relocation...
  7. D

White Fungus Growing on African Dwarf Frogs

A few days ago I cleaned out my planted African Dwarf frog tank. It was 25% and I do this regularly, 5 gallon tank with two frogs. At this point they were fed earlier that day and ate great. Two days later as I go and check on them and check the temps. I see my heater broke, and there is white...
  8. D

What is it???

I bought a datnoid about a week ago and when I bought it I noticed some type of fungus. I figured that I could cure it with salt but I'm not sure what it is. It's definitely not ich, and I don't think it's cotton wool. What is the white thing on the end of the dorsal fin? It's kind of growing on...
  9. N

Fungus killed everything... almost. HELP

So I had a very stable set up in my 5 gal Fluval Spec tank for about 4 - 5 months with my Betta. I then added 5 baby neons to the tank (with the intention uparading later). Everything went well for several weeks, then a fungus bloomed and killed the neons. In a panic, I contacted my LFS, but now...
  10. N

Betta is in imminent danger... help!

So I had a very stable set up in my 5 gal Fluval Spec tank for about 4 - 5 months with my Betta. I then added 5 baby neons to the tank. I plan(ned) on upgrading to a 20g.... Everything went well for several weeks, then a fungus bloomed and killed the neons. In a panic, I contacted my LFS, but...
  11. S

Do all cories have a green sheen?

I've recently upgraded my cories from a 15 gallon to a 40 breeder. I've also added some new cories to beef up the groups, and some congo tetras (who were unhappy being moved from their other tank, but it was getting a little crowded.) All of the sudden, I'm noticing all of my cories (I've got...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store