advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. K

Sick Neon Tetra! I’m a novice that needs advice

I had 7 neon Tetras for about a month. About a week ago one passed very suddenly. He was fine till an hour before and his only issue was swimming weird. Now another is sick and I can’t figure out what it is. It’s only swimming strange and it’s eyes seem bigger then the others, so maybe popeye...
  2. O

Platy lost fins/tail. Compatibility check.

Hey. With my tank I started with a male and 2 female Platies and a zebra loach. Three weeks later, introduced a second zebra loach, 4 barbs and a sucker which I can't remember the specific name of now. I'll try and get a decent photo of him and the barbs to upload, but the barbs are a...
  3. L

Advice for what to put in my 10g tank.

I was doing some research on a variety of fish that are good in 10g tanks and wanted affirmation on my decision. I came to the conclusion of one Dwarf Gourami, one Corydora, and an Otocinclus. Is this a good set up? Are there any problems? If there are, or if this is good for a 10g tank, please...
  4. K

37 Gallon Tank (Tall). Looking for Unique/Strange stocking ideas!

Hi everyone! My boyfriend gifted me with a 37 gallon tank. it is 30 H by 12 W by 22 H. It's tall! I'm looking for stocking ideas that people don't usually do. I say this because I'm tired of the usual stockings. Angelfish, Gouramis, Tetras, Rasboras.... Some of these are okay, but I don't want...
  5. S

Newbie - Help me stock my 20 gallon tank! :)

20 Gallon Tank - Size is approximately 25.75 x 14.25 x 18.62 Inches pH seems to be 7.8, alkaline.. GH seems to be 150, hard. [Colors are close.. pH could be 7.2] Looking for peaceful community fish. We are very new at this and still getting educated. If you could please provide a list of...
  6. S

How many of each should I get for my 20 gallon?

Here is what I'm thinking of getting for my 20 gallon: Neon Tetra Guppies Platies Rainbow fish Danios How many of each can I get in my tank? Thanks!!
  7. C

Does my ADF have a fungus problem?

Hi I am a bit worried about my little fellow. He has loads of these tiny white spots on his belly. He has been acting fine and normal although recently I have had to swap him into another tank because he was getting into the internal filter, so he is probably suffering a little relocation...
  8. BlazeitChris

20 Gallon Long Stocking!

Hey everyone, I am currently stocking a 20 gallon long and I was wondering if I could get some advice on my stocking ideas. I checked on Aqadvisor and they both seem to check out. I am running a Fluval 206 canister at the moment and can add a U4 internal or C4 HOB if needed. 1) Barb Tank: 5-6...
  9. S

Help with stocking freshwater tank

Hi! Later in the year i plan to get a 75 gallon planted freshwater tank and was trying to plan everything out sooner rather than later. I'm new to the aquarium hobby but have had some fish growing up. Back then of course i was too young to know any better and my parents most likely didn't do...
  10. B

220 gallon tank

Hey guys and gals I have a few question and instead of making 2 or so threads just gonna ask them on one. I recently have been offered a deal to trade my compound bow for a 220 gal tank. My compound bow is about a 500$ CA . Attached will be some pics off the tank fish and heater (some are blurry...
  11. R

Electric Catfish

My neighbor is moving and offered me a 200 gallon tank, I haven't gotten the measurements yet but I assume its no irregular shape of size. I've always found bioelectrogenesis interesting, so I'm really considering an "electric catfish". I know they aren't pretty nor friendly. I've had a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store