food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. O

Change Fish Food

Hello, I have a 55-gallon tank with 3 angelfish, 2 swordtails, and 1 upsidedown catfish. Recently I changed my fish food from flakes to pellets since there were no flakes in the pet store near me. The fish are not eating the pellets. They take it in their mouth but spit it out after a few...
  2. Hapless1

Anyone running Aquaponic Set-up?

So first off, I'll admit that I'm a complete hapless newbie when it comes to fish keeping, I just loved this idea and boy did I have no idea what I didn't know... I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there running an Aquaponic Set-up. Obviously, I'm not planning to eat the fish ( ; , just...
  3. J

How to raise peacock grudgeon eggs and what to feed fry?

Hi, just today i discovered that one of my pvc pipes were filled with peacock eggs and according to what it said online i removed the parents into another tank and now have both a filter for the tank and a bubbler that i believe is strong enough to keep the eggs moving in order to prevent...
  4. chub04

Goldfish Can't Swallow Food

So a little while ago I bought a new goldfish. Quarantined him for 2 weeks, was doing great, eating well and was totally fine. After 2 weeks I put him in my 75 gal display tank (with other goldfish) and about a week later he started sitting at the bottom and when he'd eat he'd sit and chew on...
  5. The Dave

The Best Video You've Ever Seen On Growing and Feeding The Vinegar Eel To Your Fish. . .

One of the easiest ways to improve the growth rate of newborn fish is to give them ample supplies of healthy live foods. However, most live food cultures can be difficult to keep going over the long run. One exception is the vinegar eel. These creatures are incredibly easy to raise and feed to...
  6. The Dave

feeding mosquito larvae to a rosetail betta

Has anyone here ever fed their mosquito larvae to their Betta ? They love it, and it's fun to watch them chasing the larvae all around the tank. I put out several containers of water in a shady area near my home every year to allow mosquitos to lay their eggs in the water. I check it everyday...
  7. The Dave

How to grow microworms to feed to your fish

One of the best ways to improve the growth rate of newborn fish is to give them ample supplies of healthy live foods. Microworms are a great choice for feeding small fry. These roundworms are a free-living (non-parasitic) nematode that is also known as the sour paste nematode. They are very easy...
  8. The Dave

culturing and feeding vinegar eels to your fish

One of the easiest ways to improve the growth rate of newborn fish is to give them ample supplies of healthy live foods. However, most live food cultures can be difficult to keep going over the long run. One exception is the vinegar eel. These creatures are incredibly easy to raise and feed to...
  9. chub04

Feeding Hillstream Loaches with Goldfish

Any suggestions on what I should be feeding my Hillstream Loaches that I have in my Goldfish tank? I've been feeding them Yams, I put a couple about half inch slices in there. For the most part the Goldfish leave the yams alone, only nipping at it every once in awhile, but I'm looking for more...
  10. M

Raising brine shrimp to adulthood in a bottle

hey guys, so i just started my DIY hatchery and i was wondering if it were possible to raise them to adulthood in the bottle if i just kept the salinity in check, feed them spirnulia algae and did WC every few weeks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store