• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

My plants are dying! Help!

So I recently started up this tank, it was at first a 6.5 gallon tank, everything was fine and the plants were actually holding steady, but the tank cracked cause it was cheap plastic, and now that I've transferred everything over to a new 10 gallon tank all of my plants are turning see through...
  2. B

Urgent advice!!!

I have had my 2 betta fish in separate 2 gallon tanks for roughly a year. With knowing that is not a good living environment i purchased a 10 gallon tank with a divider. I set it up with a heater, filter, and accessories. I then filled it up with water and conditioner then let it ran for roughly...
  3. O

Platy lost fins/tail. Compatibility check.

Hey. With my tank I started with a male and 2 female Platies and a zebra loach. Three weeks later, introduced a second zebra loach, 4 barbs and a sucker which I can't remember the specific name of now. I'll try and get a decent photo of him and the barbs to upload, but the barbs are a...
  4. Ian h

Thinking of setting up my 1st salt water tank...

Hey everyone, So I have been keeping freshwater fish for a while. I kind of want to do a nano/7-10 gallon saltwater tank and try something new. I've read a ton of things about it, just curious on other peoples experiences . 1. Do I need filtered water/RO? or can I use tap? 2. If I do a 7 gal...
  5. H

10gal Stocking Questions

Hello! I am new to fish keeping and would like some opinions/advice on my possible plan for a 10 gallon tank. After a lot of reading online I was thinking about building up the following community: - 2 guppies - 3 platies - 3 ghost shrimp - 1 netrite snail My questions are: -Is this an...
  6. H

10 gal Stocking Advice/?s

Hello! I am new to fish keeping and would like some opinions/advice on my possible plan for a 10 gallon tank. After a lot of reading online I was thinking about building up the following community: - 2 guppies - 3 platies - 3 ghost shrimp - 1 netrite snail My questions are: -Is this an...
  7. T

Starting up a filterless tank

So I recently bought a second-hand 20 gallon tank. I got all kinds of stuff with it such as 2 (rather old) filters, 2 air pumps, 2 heaters, a lot of decorations and some stuff to help your cycling proces (the bottle still had the price tag on it, in guilder, a currency which isn't used here...
  8. B

Algae explosion from filter

Hi all, I'm a first-time poster here. I had a small 20 gallon tank with a handful of fish several years ago, but am just now getting into the hobby with both feet. This weekend, I purchased a used 75 gallon system locally. Everything is in excellent condition, except the previous owner had...
  9. rockarolla70

Graduating from a 5g tank to 27g tank

Hi all, Firstly am new to this forum & secondly need some expert advice from fish keeping guru's. I have taken up this hobby recently, to start with I wanted to try with small tank and some easy going fishes & finally thought of having next level nano tank. I have done quite a bit research and...
  10. TBear

Newbie raising some fish

Hey, so just recently bought a tank, it’s a 37 gallon tall tank. I have heater, air pump, topfin 40 filter, two live lowlight plants, a fake decora rock, gravel substrate, two kissing gourami, 2 gold gourami, 3 Chinese algae eaters, and my other smaller tank is a 20 gallon, with 3 platys, 2...
  11. S

How many of each should I get for my 20 gallon?

Here is what I'm thinking of getting for my 20 gallon: Neon Tetra Guppies Platies Rainbow fish Danios How many of each can I get in my tank? Thanks!!
  12. C

Keeping Emerald Corydoras?

Hello all, I’m brand new here and in need is some advice. I set up a new tank, a 15 gallon Aqueon column. I’m aware of cycling new tanks and have that part under control. While I’m new to this site (and Cory cats for that matter) I’ve been running Betta tanks and cichlid tanks for years so I’m...
  13. CuppieLuv

Fellow Fish Friend!

Hello fellow fish friends! I'm new to this forum and wanted to meet you all! I also wanted to introduce to you my future beloved pet Cuppie! He is waiting for me at the local PetWorks so you shall see him soon. :) Anyway, I'll tell you a little about me. I am an animal lover. Cats, dogs, fox and...
  14. L

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BETTA

Hi my name is lydia and my baby betta marvin is sick! I've been googling and trying to figure out what is wrong with him! Here is some background. I got marvin as a baby boy betta about a month ago I got a baby girl beta at the same time and she has been doing great she's eating and growing but...
  15. M

What do you think of a 7.4 gallon glass semi circle tank?

So, seems these days odd shaped tanks are available. Is a tank like this simply nice to look at and the footprint easy to place or could this be good for fish? I do love the idea of planting something like this but how would enough light reach the bottom to grow things especially if you wanted...
  16. M

Empty 5 gallon tanks...killifish or Peacock Gundgeon

So. This is the first and only forum besides a professional photography one I belonged to for almost a decade... I haven't found answers that helped me yet. One was about killifish egg hatching but that's kinda scary to me. I don't want to get fish just to have them while I learn... I love the...
  17. H

Newbie needs help!

Hey all! First time posting, hope I do this okay and please forgive my complete cluelessness on the topic. :( Was not the plan to inherit this tank, but trying to do right by it and need assistance! I recently inherited a 10gal planted tank that doesn't seem to be doing so well. I've done some...
  18. N

My first aquarium ever. Looking for tips on what to improve.

So I've only recently "completed" my first aquarium. Quote marks because I don't think I'll ever be happy with it, every couple of days I feel like I gotta mess with something. I was wondering if any of the more experienced aquarists here could give me tips on how to improve the overall look of...
  19. Sheepish

Planning for the Future: Building a ~10,000 gal pond

Hello hello! It's good to be back on here after a few years; I had to give fish keeping a backseat for a few years because not only does my college allow a 10 gallon maximum tank limit in dorm rooms, but it was also a pain to transfer that back and forth every couple of months. Now that the end...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store