gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. E

Kissing Gourami with weird spots

Hi there! Just noticed the past day or so my pink kissing gourami has some weird colored patches on his side. I've never seen this on either of my pink gourami's before (both in separate tanks) so not sure what to treat it with. Tank is a 125 gallon and his tankmates are a flagtail, redhead...
  2. R

Fish Keep Dying in My Freshwater Tank

Hello! I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank. I purchased it and let it sit for four days before introducing a glow light neon tetra and a powder blue dwarf gourami. The glow light neon tetra died and I bought two of the traditional neon tetras. They died within a few hours of me putting them in...
  3. D

40 gallon pearl gourami

Would a pearl gourami be fine with a small shoal of Buenos Aires tetra in a 40 gallon breeder or would the tetras nip at the gourami?
  4. B

Opaline Gourami and Cichlid

I have a 3 inch opaline gourami and a neon swordtail. The gourami did not like the Tetra or gold algae eater I had before. I wanted to add a ram cichlid to my tank because it feels empty with only two fish but the ones at the store had ick. Thoughts on how to make my gourami and a peacock...
  5. P

Help!

I acquired a tank from a friend at work who was unwilling to look after the fish after his father died. There's a pleco, 3 gouramis, what I think is a rainbow shark and 3 Cory's. I had always wanted fish but admittedly had no idea how to look after tropical fish but I figured they had already...
  6. 1

Sick Gourami?

I have had a Blue Gourami for a while now (about 5 months) that was passed down from a family friend who couldn't take care of it. I had heard that they were easy to care for but, as of right now he is sitting at the bottom of the tank looking a bit pale. He has also refused to touch his food...
  7. wickette

New setup compatibility

Hi All, I just finished a home made tank. Here's what I had in mind Paradise Fish (1 male, and add 2 females if have space) Yo Yo Loach (3-4) Aapistogramma (3-5 various species) Leapord Gourami (2) Dwarf Gourami (1) Pearl Gourami (1-2) German Blue Ram (1) Kribensis (1 -2) Clown Pleco (1)...
  8. TBear

Newbie with a Fresh Water tank

Hey, so just recently bought a tank, it’s a 37 gallon tall tank. I have heater, air pump, topfin 40 filter, two live lowlight plants, a fake decora rock, gravel substrate, two kissing gourami, 2 gold gourami, 3 Chinese algae eaters, and my other smaller tank is a 20 gallon, with 3 platys, 2...
  9. TBear

Newbie raising some fish

Hey, so just recently bought a tank, it’s a 37 gallon tall tank. I have heater, air pump, topfin 40 filter, two live lowlight plants, a fake decora rock, gravel substrate, two kissing gourami, 2 gold gourami, 3 Chinese algae eaters, and my other smaller tank is a 20 gallon, with 3 platys, 2...
  10. R

125litre 4 Dwarf gouramis

I've recently set up a new 125ltr fluval roma. I've got a large piece of driftwood in the middle, angled so theres hiding spaces, 2 rocks, some mossballs and a plastic Plant to break up sight lines. I filled the Tank And treated the water i've got a filter and a heater and the water has been...
  11. R

PEARL GOURAMI SICK??? HELP!

I have a 20g tank just her and LG pleco, had her for about 2 yed. What are the dark spots appearing and what about the fraying of her tail find? I've only just noticed the spots the last couple of days. Seems to be eating decent, and acts a bit lethargic. What could this be?
  12. R

Paradise Gourami sick???

For the past 2 weeks or so, I've noticed something is wrong with my paradise gourami. I've had him about a year and a half now and he was always the boss in the tank. I have a 30g tank with a larger pearl gourami and a pleco with him in. Over a matter of a couple days he started looking...
  13. S

Tank mates for dwarf gourami

Hello all, I'm new to aquariums and this forum, but I have read quite a bit, so I know about the nitrogen cycle and some more of the basics. I have a 10 gallon tank at work that I've taken over and I'm looking to restock it. It had fish that needed more room which we couldn't provide, so I...
  14. FishyWarrior

Aggressive pearl gourami...(stocking question)

So i think i found out nearly for sure why i keep losing fish seemingly randomly. My pearl gourami was just going on a rampage, chasing everyone in the tank nonstop, bashing into all of them... they were all so scared and banged up from him that they all hid in the plants and refused to come...
  15. 2

.....? Blue Gourami sick?

Well, my luck on my 55 gallon aquarium must be the worst! 2 weeks after my Danios (to test the water quality, it was good) died of some disease, I'm confronted with another problem. My Gourami... She happens to have contracted some swim bladder disorder. Normally, I would research this, and I...
  16. S

Gourami builds bubble nests but bubbles seem to "pop" and disappear!

So I paired up my male blue gourami and female gourami together in an attempt to make them breed. The tank has more than enough space and the female has plenty of spots to hide. After about 3 days of pairing them my male gourmai is starting to build a bubble nest. His colours are much darker...
  17. P

Are Dwarf Gouramis Nocturnal?

I've recently brought home a Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami and I've noticed that when the lights are on, he'll be on the bottom of the tank, but soon as it's dark, up he goes to the surface. Is this normal behavior or is there something wrong?
  18. A

29 gallon tank stocking ideas

Hi! So I have a 29 gallon freshwater tropical community tank that's well established and I'm looking into some compatible tank mates for the fish I already have. I own (2) angelfish, (2) flame dwarf gouramis, (1) platy, and (4) cory cats. I've been considering ram cichlids, cherry/amano shrimp...
  19. B

Sharing My Beautiful 55g long community tank !!

Hey All, This is my first post on this forum starting by posting a short video clip of my 55g community tank. Hope you all like it :-) ADMINS - can delete or move the thread to appropriate category if its not in the right place :-)
  20. Wisegy84

Opaline Gourami Tank Mates?

The only tank I currently have set up is a 20 tall with one male (near as I can tell) Opaline Gourami (same species as Blue, Gold, Three Spot, etc). I'm interested in adding some tank mates (other than cories, as I haven't had good luck with them in the past), but not sure if I should or what...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store