snail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. T

Please help me and snail

Hi everyone im VERY VERY new to some stuff so please bear with me...so i bought a tank off facebook for cheap the guy left the stuff in the bottom it was a planted tank.. Rocks and black stuff that turns to powder when u touch it.. And lots of "algae?" in Bottom.. Also a 406 fluval already...
  2. C

Should I remove this snail of my tank?

Hi everyone, I'm new to both the forum and the fish keeping thing. I have a 5 gallon tank with a bunch of small fish, a few days ago I added a few plants to the tank and today I realized i have brought an uninvited guest home, at first I wanted to take it out, but then I thought to myself if I...
  3. F

Did I kill my snail?

I was doing aquarium maintenance and needed to move the tiger nerite snail. I tried just pulling him off, until I felt like I was damaging him. It felt like his shell moved a little, but he did not. I immediately stopped. He is moving around still, but I’m not sure if he will survive. Here is...
  4. A

Snail question

So I just got a black mystery snail today from pet smart to be a tank mate to my betta fish. I’ve never had a snail before. I think it’s a male but I’ve named it Gary whatever it actually is. But I’m curious about these flat-ish white dots on its shell. Any help on identifying them and on what...
  5. N

Snail shell help

Hello, So I have had this snail for about a year now, and their shell keeps degrading. I've tried many things to make sure that it has enough calcium but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions on what could be causing it? I've tried changing it's diet to be more calcium rich, added more calcium...
  6. K

HELP! White material on the shell of my zebra nerite snail in quarantine - need to identify!!!!

I bought this snail from a LPS a week and a half ago. I put him in a one gallon bowl to quarantine him before adding him to my 5-gallon marineland portraitview betta tank. I do not know the gender of the snail but will refer to him/her as *male* in this post. A few facts about the snail and the...
  7. M

Snail Question

I'm new to the forum, but have been using the forum for years as a resource to get my tank running. Right now, I have a 55gal tank, using Pool Filter Sand, some pottery clay for hiding as well as store bought decorations and driftwood to keep the fish happy. I am confused, because my tank...
  8. L

snail tips (land snail)

hey I know it is a water site but I'm a noob and I want to help me and others for snail care. btw if a snail pro wants to stick with me and guide me not only would you be super helpful but will talk to you personaly an share pics of raven. raven is my snails name.
  9. Jazmin0303

Betta 10gal Help Once Again

so I recently made a post on what kind of fish to have in a 10 gal with a Betta and a snail and was in the process of cycling said tank. Unfortunately, my boyfriend’s grandma’s Betta fish was in need of something better than a bowl, literally so close to dying that I needed to get him into my...
  10. K

Dwarf puffer food

Would anyone that is overstocked on small snails want to mail me some to feed my puffer? I have a separate tank I'm trying to breed them in but it will take a few weeks to get them going. If someone could mail me some that would be greatly appareciated, I could even pay shipping. Also, this is...
  11. The Dave

The Ramshorn snail, nursery maid, fry tank attendant, or nightmare ?

The ramshorn snail is often seen as an aquarium pest that people want to avoid. However, they only pose a problem in an aquarium that is unbalanced. When the aquarist adds too much food to the tank, the ramshorn snails take advantage of the abundance and breed at an alarming rate. Population...
  12. The Dave

The Pink Ramshorn Snail - - nursery maids, fry saver, nightmare ?

The ramshorn snail is often seen as an aquarium pest that people want to avoid. However, they only pose a problem in an aquarium that is unbalanced. When the aquarist adds too much food to the tank, the ramshorn snails take advantage of the abundance and breed at an alarming rate. Population...
  13. The Dave

Keeping and breeding the Mystery Snail ( apple snail )

This high definition video will teach you everything you need to know about keeping, feeding, and breeding mystery snails. It is professionally filmed and narrated, and covers all aspects of this wonderful creature. Give this video a look and you will gain a whole new appreciation for the "...
  14. The Dave

Keeping, feeding, and breeding Mystery Snails.

I love Mystery Snails ( Pomacea diffusa ) I always have, and I have noticed that there is a lot of incorrect information out there. I made a video to correct that problem. I hope you enjoy it.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store