20 Gal redesign

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kimbo3311

Red-Headed, Non-Step-Child
Apr 3, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
Hello! I've been a member on here for several years, but due to school, then work, dropped off the face of the planet and my aquarium looks a little worse for wear. Luckily, I'm finally in a place to be able to throw some time and money at this little tank and get it shining again.

Here's the tank as it is: 20g High, with sand and flourite, driftwood and a few sad looking sword plants, and java moss. 5 corys, 1 oto (his friends died while I was on vacation), 1 cardinal tetra (it was a bad vacation for my tank), 1 orphaned black skirt tetra, and 1 female gold australe killifish (the male committed suicide). No CO2 injection.

I want to turn my tank into a south american biotope style tank. I've recently upgraded my old double flourescents to a Finnex LED strip light, and it looks great. I've also bought some upgraded substrate (eco complete) and plan to redesign the entire tank, starting with better substrate layering. I'm going to purchase more sword plants, although I haven't decided which ones.

I planned to get more otos and cardinal tetras to give my little buddies some friends. My dilemma is this: Should I try to find a replacement male killifish? or should I go with a pair of german blue rams? I love the ram's personality, and size. I don't know whether they would get along with my killifish. I don't know whether my female would accept a new male. Anyone have any opinions on this?

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
Before we deal with fish what is the filtration?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store