55 gallon build/journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
The area under the gills is fine. The continuation of the black marking is what is making thefishboss97 think it looks weird.

That stocking is on the heavy side with 20 cherry barbs but should be ok with good maintenance. Don't add all the fish at once. Angel goes in last.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok i wont. so what order should i add them in? i was thinking.
3-plecos since theyre quarentined and everything
blood parrot
10 barbs when theyre done quarentining(rearange decor after putting them in)
10 barbs when theyre done quarenting(rearange again)
1-angel
i think i might sale one of the birstlenoses when it gets older. i wanna keep the longfin and the one with the really cool markings. i believe the angelfish is more blue but the pic was just bad(looking at the videos from the seller the blueas are mor intense) this angelfish is a leopard philipine blue angelfish i believe.

Last edited:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
The area under the gills is fine. The continuation of the black marking is what is making thefishboss97 think it looks weird.

That stocking is on the heavy side with 20 cherry barbs but should be ok with good maintenance. Don't add all the fish at once. Angel goes in last.
yeah, it was that:) but it just looked weird to me;)

+1 on angel last so that way it won't be "owner" of the tank, more like a "new" fish that has to adapt, not control others.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
I would probably add the barbs in groups of 5 instead of 10. Are you cloning this tank? You want to make sure you don't overwhelm the biofilter and give it time to catch up to the new bioload in between fish additions. If you're starting with enough of a biofilter you can be more aggressive in your stocking.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I would probably add the barbs in groups of 5 instead of 10. Are you cloning this tank? You want to make sure you don't overwhelm the biofilter and give it time to catch up to the new bioload in between fish additions. If you're starting with enough of a biofilter you can be more aggressive in your stocking.
cloning?

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Yes, taking enough filter media or an entire filter from another well established tank to instantly cycle the new tank. That is how I cycle any new tank I set up.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Well, that sounds good to me. I can't wait to see the pics of the full tank.... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store