55 Gallon Paludarium Build with underwater cave

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LankyB

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
After some motivation lose I made a trip to the Newport Aquarium saw some amazing fish. 385,000 Gallon shark tank with some Shark Rays and a tunnel so you can feel up close to them.

couldn't get a descent picture of the Shark Rays but heres some other huge sharks

They have an entire room of JELLYFISH I could have spend hours there

Motivation gained I got the silicone and coconut done on the cave side of the tank.
It was hard to get a good shot of the tank during the day so much glare I will take some more tonight with the cave light on.

LankyB

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
The other side is almost finish I am waiting for my coconut to dry out before I finish the last little part.

After the silicone sets I can finally get water in it and start cycling.

I purchased the Eheim Classic 2213 and this my first canister filter. So I would appreciate any tips on the initial setup. The manual didn't really give me a whole lot.

LankyB

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
Silicone and Coconut fiber is done!!!

Heres a FTS with the lights on the red cave light isn't as bright as I had hoped I am debating on getting a second. I was also thinking of covering the back and side of the air chamber with something that would reflect the light better

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Looking pretty nice!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hmmmm looks pretty cool. Love the underwater cave idea. I was wondering what keeps the cave from fogging up if anything at all? Also what does one do if algea grows on the glass wall inside the cave from the moisture???

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
This is such an awesome idea--I am so looking forward to more pics! I am stalking, I mean subscribing lol!!!

Maribeth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store