Amazon Sword Issues

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinklefins

AC Members
Aug 2, 2016
Hey guys I've had my 20H for over 4 years and it has been planted for almost 1 year, I'm not that new btw this is just a new account.
My Amazon sword has been doing great all this time but started getting holes in the leaves starting from the outside of the plant going in slowly, I talked to some fish people and started dosing with flourish, F. Trace, and F. Excel, the holes soon went away but now some of my leaves have started decaying almost? The older ones begin deteriorating and now some of my new growth has started to as well, any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks a bunch!!!

image.jpeg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
IMO, it looks like it is being scraped. Do you have a pleco?

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Looks like he is scrapping your leaves. Eating the top surface of the leaves.
Looks like we have found your problem.

Sprinklefins

AC Members
Aug 2, 2016
Great! I always see him sucking on them but I just thought he was resting on them and what not, guess that's not the case lol. Guess I'm moving him into my other tank, thanks a bunch. Do you recommend any other algae eating fish that WONT eat my plants? I have a blue stiphodon goby in my tank but he really doesn't do much of anything but look pretty

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
You can keep the BN, but try and feed him more fresh veggys (cucumber, zucchinis, ect) and hope he stops eating the swords. If all else fails, get ottos.

Sprinklefins

AC Members
Aug 2, 2016
I feed algae wafers daily as well as blood worms and she eats on those but I've never tried veggies before. Will my other fish eat on them as well?

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I feed algae wafers daily as well as blood worms and she eats on those but I've never tried veggies before. Will my other fish eat on them as well?
That would depend on the fish. Try it and see what happens, but I would put the veggys in at night, and take out in morning.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Nice looking tank/plants!

Maybe it's just that particular pic, but that doesn't look like an Amazon Sword to me. The ones I've had have longer, narrower leaves and eventually grow massive. Way more than a 20H could handle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store