Anyone working with Badis Badis, Licorice, Croaking or Sparkling gouramis?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
OnionGirl,

Just P.M. you about fry. I will try Msjinkzd if nothing pops up in the next few weeks

THANKS

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Replied. Too bad you weren't closer--I'd gladly give you the eggs from a spawn. I don't think they'll ship well in the winter though!

jeffpuryear

Registered Member
Feb 1, 2017
Just wanted to see if anyone was working with any of these species? I'm really considering doing a set up for one of these types of fish and wanted to pick anyone's brain who has some. I did Coakers years ago and spawned them several times.

Thanks in advance
I am raising and breeding croaking gouramies in a 20 gallon long tank. Its heavily planted with floating plants and bare bottom.

balerion

AC Members
Mar 20, 2017
Northern IL
I had sparkling gouramis. Very personable and beautiful fish. Unfortunately my killifish ate them...

MardieJane

AC Members
Apr 19, 2017
Central Florida
Camera Used
Cannon eos 5d markII
Tell me your kidding balerion! I thought killies were sweet. Sparkling Gouriami is one of the fish I was thinking of because I just like Nano fish. But I really thought killies were innnocent!!! Lol I'm learning something new every day

balerion

AC Members
Mar 20, 2017
Northern IL
Tell me your kidding balerion! I thought killies were sweet. Sparkling Gouriami is one of the fish I was thinking of because I just like Nano fish. But I really thought killies were innnocent!!! Lol I'm learning something new every day
Haha! They aren't aggressive at all, but unfortunately my golden wonder killis will eat anything that fits into their enormous mouths.

Reactions: HydroponicFish

Lingwendil

Registered Member
Aug 19, 2017
(woohoo, first post)

I've got a trio of Dario dario ("Scarlet Badis") in a 5.5 gallon setup. they can be finicky eaters at first, but generally are easy to care for. Give them peaceful tankmates (cherry or similar shrimp are ideal) and they do great, and do especially well in heavily planted setups. Good luck finding females without going through a breeder though... All three of mine are males, and the only LFS within several hours that can even get them never has been sent females from his supplier.

My favorite of my three is attached

IMG_20170808_200847.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store