API Quick Start Reef Safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FisherMack

AC Members
Nov 29, 2020
Florida, USA
We just recently purchased a 75 gallon aquarium we'll be slowly setting up as a reef aquarium.

My question is, we have lots of API Quick Start on hand from our planted aquarium. From what I've been able to find it's saltwater safe but it doesn't specifically say if it's reef safe or not. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Of course we'll be cycling the tank as usual. Ive always used it in our planted aquarium to help establish and maintain the good bacteria and such. I just want to be sure it's specifically reef safe.

Thanks!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
We just recently purchased a 75 gallon aquarium we'll be slowly setting up as a reef aquarium.

My question is, we have lots of API Quick Start on hand from our planted aquarium. From what I've been able to find it's saltwater safe but it doesn't specifically say if it's reef safe or not. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Of course we'll be cycling the tank as usual. Ive always used it in our planted aquarium to help establish and maintain the good bacteria and such. I just want to be sure it's specifically reef safe.

Thanks!
[/QUOTE
Are you buying live rock or dry rock ?

FisherMack

AC Members
Nov 29, 2020
Florida, USA
We've already purchased live sand and the plan is to try and get half base rock and half live rock.

I did end up purchasing the marine version of API. After a lot of digging around it seems the big difference in the two versions is the marine won't foam with a protein skimmer, which we do have one coming.

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
We've already purchased live sand and the plan is to try and get half base rock and half live rock.

I did end up purchasing the marine version of API. After a lot of digging around it seems the big difference in the two versions is the marine won't foam with a protein skimmer, which we do have one coming.
Oh ok, I was just asking because with 100% live rock, there really isn’t a cycle. You should post some pics of the tank

Reactions: FisherMack
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store