Bacterial bloom

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
I have come away from this idea now, after doing some heafty research, I have found that the cloudy water is in fact a sign tha my paramaters are healthy as this sort of bloom can not happen on an unhealthy tank, so I will just continue with increased water changes and gravel vacs and just wait it out one day at a time
Hi Danel. I would love to read the article about this. I am sure cloudy water can happen in healthy water, but I don't think you can automatically rule out unhealthy water if you have cloudiness.

danelpalfrey

AC Members
Dec 1, 2014
Birmingham UK
coticule.freeforums.net
Real Name
Daniel
I haven't automatically dismissed unhealthy water, I checked the water parameters, and they are fine, picked up water hardness test strips and again, they were fine. kh was 6 deg and dh was between 4 and 8 deg all parameters were and are fine, I know this type of bloom is normally set off by a water parameter been slightly off skew, and the only one it could have been was hardness, but since I only got the kit after doing several water changes there is no way for me to definitively know that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store