Betta Tank Suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
I have three bettas, one of which is in QT growing his fins back(Walmart save!), so Im gonna get him a 3g-5g once he's all better.

But I have 2 other tanks:

1g: the boy is VERY tiny...Idont know why, but he's much smaller than most VT's.
3g: for another boy.

At the moment, they only have a small amount of gravel in the. Chances are on my next paycheck, Im upgrading tanks.

What should I put in them? Ailk plants? Some floating plants? They're EXTREMELY low light. Does anyone have suggestions?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
some silk plants?

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Or should I float something in there?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I would get some nice low light plants or some floating plants. My bettas love their java moss "beds" and like to use floating plants (in my case i just float some cut leaf watersprite) to build their bubble nests. If you go the artificial route, you should probablly get silk plants to minimize damage to their finnage.

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Would it be safe to put maybe a snail or two in? Or not?

I need to order more plants. :/

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Yep, filtered and heated. And I have no idea what kind of snail. Something small! haha. But now that I think of it, it would probably be too crowded.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
I had 3 ramshorn snails in my three gallon tank before I put the betta in. Now I haven't seen any of them since!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store