Blue Ramshorn Snails ?? Anyone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
I bought blue leopard ramshorns off ebay early spring and have a freaking ton of the things now. I think they just look solid blue but they seem a pretty good color. I am having some water condition issues though and shells were deteriorating or not forming even. I have added crushed coral to nearly all invert tanks. I was just going to sort my ramshorns from the pond snails in the snail tank. I don't kill all the pond/tadpole snails because they are good food for some of my other critters but they've gotten out of hand and are clogging up the tank while eating all the food. The glass is just coated in eggs too so I may be pulling snails for quite awhile. I have never shipped anything though. They were shipped to me with a small amount of damp paper towel in a baggie instead of water. It was nearly completely dry but he said they drown otherwise. About half did eventually recover but they had pulled way back in their shell. So I'm uncertain the best method. I wish I knew exactly how damp the paper towel was to start with.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I'd be interested in getting some and being your guinea pig. :) I'd say a very dripping wet paper towel would be best, that is how I have received snails. There is almost SOME water in the bag, like drops though. I'll PM you.

TankGirl07

AC Members
Oct 23, 2016
Colorado
Real Name
Jessica
Hello! I am on the hunt for blue ramshorns. Does anyone have any? I will PAY!! I've been searching like crazy. I did a search on here and it seems like they went through a popular phase around 2008, then again about in 2011 or so, and now zip. I just ordered some off AquaticArts but they were a slate color and even with great imagination, not blue. I wasn't excited by the color if you know what I mean. Even so, that was the only place I have found them anywhere online. Nothing on Ebay, nothing on Aquabid.. I just posted here in the classifieds but figured the best place would be to ask invert people :)
I have unwanted Blue Ramshorn that I will gladly sell you!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Pretty sure the original poster found them already. But others, like myself, are interested still. Tried sending you a private message but says your privacy options are blocking it. So, pictures? prices? shipping?

TankGirl07

AC Members
Oct 23, 2016
Colorado
Real Name
Jessica
Pretty sure the original poster found them already. But others, like myself, are interested still. Tried sending you a private message but says your privacy options are blocking it. So, pictures? prices? shipping?
I am new to this and still getting the hang of it. I went to the privacy settings to try and fix that, but I couldn't figure it out. Anyways, I have never sold them they are a pest to me so I was thinking maybe 50 for $10? And for shipping it would depend on where you are and I would only charge what the rate is, nothing extra. For pictures it said that I can't post them until I post 6 times or something like that.

sirena

AC Members
Jul 16, 2016
TankGirl07, I tried to pm you, but it said I couldn't due to how your privacy restrictions were set up (I wonder if mine says the same thing -lol- I never checked!). Anyway, yes, I'm still looking for some blue ramshorns. I've gotten them before but I have multiple tanks and have different strains, so anyway, YES :) MORE PLEASE :) I like your price and I'm sure we can work it out. I'd be interested to know, are the bodies of your blue snails black or red? Or something else? If they are red, I'm super interested! Thanks!

TankGirl07

AC Members
Oct 23, 2016
Colorado
Real Name
Jessica
I also took some pictures for you, I can email them to you if you want. their shells are a pale blue and their bodies are dark maybe a reddish brown/brown.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store