1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

breeding apistogramma aggassizi

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by bangme33, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bangme33

bangme33 AC Members

hi
    any body got tips on breeding these fish i have a pair aggazzi
    temp 28c
    ph 6.5
    ammonia 0.0
    nitrite 0.0
    nitrate 0.5
    she flirts with him and he does with her now and then but he will swim off and most of the time no intrested ,shes been in and out of a cave cleaning it ready any tip wouls be gratefull, ive looked on websites but they seem to give the same ways to do stuff which ive done but nothing, i ffed em frozen /live blood worm flake and other frozen foods

100_2297.jpg 100_2295.jpg

2. cobfreak

cobfreak AC Members

3. bangme33

bangme33 AC Members

they do and dont from what ive read about em like. ive just done a large water change and turned the temp up to 28 lets see if that helps

4. msjinkzd

msjinkzd AC Members

Rachel O'Leary
    they dont' need a harem. That is to disperse aggression. For mine, I feed live until the female is well plump then do a larger warm water change, about 79 degrees. What do you have available for caves? it could be its large enough for the female, but not hospitable to the male. I like coconut huts.

5. bangme33

bangme33 AC Members

hi i have cocnut halves quite a a big opening 2/3 inch opening.but its only them in the tank along with 6 pencil fish, which is the best food i give them a mix of eityher live or frozen blodworm. dry high quality flake(tetra min crisps) and other live foods eg daphina and glass worms