Breeding my Apisto. Cacatuoides

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
Sorry for all the posts, a little excited. There's also a sponge filter for a 40g tank in there too and I have another. Should I drop the other in and shut off my canister filter?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nakinata

AC Members
Jan 11, 2011
Real Name
Nam
Do you have any pictures of the parents? How are the fry and mother doing? Who's in that 10 gallon tank?

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
All the fry were wiped out in 2 nights... And to top things off my male died... I'm looking at a male female pair at a lfs and they're $50 but I don't know if I can swing that right now. The male looks old enough to breed which is really tempting me

Nakinata

AC Members
Jan 11, 2011
Real Name
Nam
Was the female getting too feisty and fought off the male when he tried to eat the fry? Depending on the quality of the pair, you might be able to get some of that money back if they spawn and the offspring are of quality but please don't let me influence too heavily on your decision, especially when the price is so steep.

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
I didn't see the male go near the female at all but she was chasing the bumblebee goby and the cardinal tetras away. She was picking the fry up in her mouth and moving them where she wanted them. Seemed to be good at what she was doing, but when the light went out... Pretty sure the bumblebee got em with that mouth.

I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into it since I'm getting experience and have all the help of the experienced people on here. But even though it's my house and I have 3 tanks and a gecko tank and she's only here on the weekends, she gets a little say since I'm still trying to get a job lol. She's going home tonight so maybe I'll stop by there tomorrow or run up to a "lfs" an hour away lol

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
Also the male was getting up there in age and had a spot of fungus.... I tried as best I could to help him but within 2 nights of the fungus showing on his gills (and the day before I couldn't find him at all) he was gone :/

Here's an older pic of my little guy I raised from a baby when he had no colors. Female of course on the bottom

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1331006224.606369.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store