Can I just brag for a second??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I got my PhD acceptance and I am so stoked! Financial Aid confirmation came in today, so I can finally breathe and say "yes, it is happening!" I have been working my tail off to get myself to this spot since I decided that I want to work with fish, evolution and ecology. Its been a long and stressful four years to get my BS and then my MRes, but it is all worth it now that I am starting this! One of the awesome things is that my second supervisor (Shaun Killen) has been highlighted by IFLS and the BBC for his work on commercial fishing. He also loves buying beer for his students (his MRes student got him to buy me a few while we chatted about Game of Thrones in a pub one night) ;)
Anyway, I just wanted to share with other fish lovers about how stoked I am to start this.

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Real Name
Brian
Cool stuff! You'll be posting research on this site, right? I followed your research thread, would love to hear more.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Bragger!!!

LOL, Great News!!! Good Luck!!

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Cool stuff! You'll be posting research on this site, right? I followed your research thread, would love to hear more.
I do plan on that! I need to update that thread, but with trying to get FinAid sorted and looking for a flat, everything has been a little crazy in my life lately. But soon I will be working on that.

Thanks tanker!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Wonderful news, Tiff! Looking forward to reading as you progress towards your goal.

Mark

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
CONGRATS!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Congrats to you! Thinking on how hard I worked to get my bachelor's degree years ago when I was in my late 20's.. I couldn't imagine the work involved in PhD.

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I love the work to be honest. Research makes me happier than most things. Basically making a career choice that allows me to do nothing, but research all the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store