1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Algae Eater compatible?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by Iamjustifyd, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Iamjustifyd

Iamjustifyd AC Members

Sherry
    I have a CAE that I didn't know would get aggressive. Now one of my Cory is dead and the CAE is in a bucket. I've read that they should do ok in a tank with other semi-aggressive fish. If I get a little 5-10 gallon tank with the Chinese what else to go with? Or not worth the hassle and just give him to a pet store? I'm getting a couple of Otto today. I have read they stay small and are gentle.

2. bradlgt21

bradlgt21 AC Members

Brad
    It killed a cory? You sure about that like did you see it happen? Corys are armored. It's kind of hard to take out a cory. He must have really pissed off the CAE.

You might be able to sell him if he is a true CAE someone will probably want him if they have a big enough tank.

3. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

CAE get waaay too big for a small tank, 8+ inches. Just take him back.

4. Iamjustifyd

Iamjustifyd AC Members

Sherry
    No, didn't see it happen but did see the chinese chasing my cory all the time and he had no dorsal fins left and a spot on him. I have a bigger cory and he got chased too. Was forgetting they got so big. Got my otto today and another cory. Thanks!

5. flyinggig

flyinggig AC Members

Greg
    The big feller in the avatar is Cecil....... I loved Cecil.... and he loved me too...... But he got to big for my 10g..... moved him to my 33g..... but he started to get agressive..... first with some giant goldfish then onto anybody he could chase. Gave him to a friend with an indoor pond..... doing great! He cleaned algae like nobodys buisness!