CO2 questions.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I finally decided to go higher tech and bought an aquatek mini co2 system with a Paintball cylinder.
I use the aquatek 3 in 1 diffuser/bubble counter/ check valve, with the diffuser placed a few inches under the filter outflow.
Water parameters this morning were 220 tds, 5dKH, and 7.5 PH.
8 hours later, after running it with the bubble counter set to between 1-2 bps and the unit shut down for the day, my PH registers 6.9.
Does this sound about right? I do not have a drop checker as yet..

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Does not sound bad, what kind of lights and how long are they on?

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I have a Finnex Planted 24/7. It's challenging picking a time to set the co2 on and off since the lights are never completely off. I started the co 2 around 8:45 am and they went off around 3:45 pm.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I would turn off CO2 about an hour before the light start to dim. Even with CO2 off, there is still some in the water.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I wish I had kept the box when I bought this. It had a handy chart showing exactly when the PAR starts to shoot up. Right now it's 6;30 pm and the tank still looks fairly well lit but I know the par must be pretty low now.

Zdei

AC Members
Jun 16, 2016
Have you gotten your co2 dialed in yet. I got the 24/7 couple of months ago and ran it on its cycle. Unfortunately I started getting pretty bad algae growth even with excel dosing daily. So I made 4 custom settings to run throughout the day and night. Then I shut it off for about 5 hours seems to be controlling the algae better.

My next step is co2. Have you had any luck with your settings?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I wish I had kept the box when I bought this. It had a handy chart showing exactly when the PAR starts to shoot up. Right now it's 6;30 pm and the tank still looks fairly well lit but I know the par must be pretty low now.
I should have the box if you want me to share any of the settings

Unfortunately I started getting pretty bad algae growth even with excel dosing daily.
Probably you could just lower the intensity of the lights.

Zdei

AC Members
Jun 16, 2016
Ya that's what I ended up doing with the custom settings which was one of my big turn one towards this light for that exact reason

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store