1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Cold water bottom dweller suggestions

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by petluvr, Feb 27, 2012.

1. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

Larry
    I am slowly but surely putting together a 55 that will be cold water, right now it is running about 64 and in the summer it will run about 72. I am doing this slowly and want to start with the bottom. The tank will eventually house a native warmouth but I think I need something for the bottom. Pleco maybe, or is there even any plecs that can deal with those temps?

2. Kaosu

Kaosu AC Members

Sculpin ..iv had mine sens she was under an inch..2 years later she is a 7 inch monster.

she is a prickly sculpin ^_^
    Mine is pellet trained ..but will eat anything her lazy but can catch (it has to swim in to her face..even then she might miss it)

DSC06378.jpg

DSC06378.jpg

3. petluvr

petluvr AC Members

Larry
    I have read your threads on this fish and find it extremely neat, but I fear that it will take much more care than what I will be able to give. Once things settle down in my life and I can set up a few more tanks I want to do a tank with these, they really are cool.

4. SubRosa

SubRosa AC Members

A Madtom Catfish would be perfect, and even a Bullhead would be fine for a few years, and wouldn't need a much bigger tank even then.

5. user_name

user_name Senior_Member

Cam
    Weather loaches would work great! They have tons of personality, and can handle a pretty wide range of temps.Personally I have 3 in my 55, and they're awesome! As long as you aren't worried about plants being uprooted they're great fish.