Collecting plants from the wild -- yes or no?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I'm always scared when anything comes back from the dead.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I'm always scared when anything comes back from the dead.

:lol: :lol:
7 years and 4+ months. That is a record for zombie threads yes/no?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
one more thing to take note of, aquatic plants in their natural habitat might not look the same once they start growing in your tank

for example, living on a small lake in michigan, I noticed a species of fissidens that looked like massive f. fontanus, however, when I collected it, quarantined it, and it started growing it looked like a tiny dark green stem plant sprouting from the stems of the growth from the lake.

It would help to know what it is though.

a good plant to collect in michigan waterways is coonstail (ceratephyllum demersum)

good luck!

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
When I redid my native tank I went to one of my fishing holes that was private. I didn't do anything to the plants even though I prolly should have but everything in that tank excluding substrate and driftwood came out of it. I have had no problems that I can see as far as unwanteds go. With that being said I did inspect the specimens b4 they went in my tank. The plants I collected did grow differently when put in the tank

Sent from my PantechP8000 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store