CORIE CATFISH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
I have noticed some behavior that I've never seen before and wanted some input. My corie catfish seem attracted to my discus I have noticed them swimming closely by them and it looks as if they are cleaning them. It doesn't happen all the time as the discus school with one another but wanted to know if anyone else has ever seen behavior like this and why they are doing it. Thanks

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
In fact you should avoid keeping pleco with discus like fishes - discus, angels, .... as they will sometime attach themselves to eat the slime. I had one very ill behaved very large male bn that decided to feed off my angelfish slime. cory can't actually attach like a pleco so they are mostly harmless but pleco can do serious damage...

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
Thank you for the responses I don't have plecos just corie catfish it's weird because only one is doing this to the same discus.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Thank you for the responses I don't have plecos just corie catfish it's weird because only one is doing this to the same discus.
It happens for two reasons - they are excessively hungry or they suddenly discover cheap easy food (cheap means easy to obtain).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store