Cory ID?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Masked Shadow

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
I know they are a pair. I don't care about the gender, just want to make sure they aren't normal corys. Got them as normal corys.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Yes corydoras aeneus, and should have a group rather than a pair :) get 4 more at least :D

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
Cool! Got them for free from a store who didn't have anywhere to put them. I think they were super stressed, so thats why the bronze hasn't came out.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Remember when keeping fish, a pair means 2 fish of opposite sexes

Sounds like you potentially just have 2...

There's also mated and proven pairs as well

But of everything, I agree you should get more, they are far too social to be kept otherwise

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Bronze corys are pretty common even in big box stores. You should be able to find more soon. I was given 5 & now have an almost adult "baby". My females are so fat they almost waddle through the tank, lol.

As the saying goes, size doesn't matter...but I'll add species does...Yes, get more!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
W-L, many commonly available albino corys are c.aeneus. We may have a hard time telling them apart from other albino corys (AFAIK sterbai & paleatus these days) but the fish can tell. They prefer to breed with their own species. I bet your male knows!

I can tell albino sterbai apart, they keep the orange pectoral spines. Albino paleatus are harder to tell apart from albino bronze. There's a shape & adult size difference but it's more subtle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store