1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Cuttlefish Pics

Discussion in 'Marine Invertebrates' started by SubRosa, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SubRosa

SubRosa AC Members

Over the summer I set up a 75 gal for a customer who wanted to keep Cuttlefish. Mind you this person never kept a carnival Goldfish before attempting this. I did the initial set up, and provideda bit of training and technical advice along the way, but the customer did all of his own maintenance. These are about 4 months old.

IMG_20120222_170343.jpg IMG_20120222_170353.jpg

2. RisiganL.

RisiganL. AC Members

Risigan Logendran
    Cuttlefish in aquariums? Coolest thing ever! How hard is it to care for those things?

3. Khemul

Khemul Sea Bunny

AFAIK it isn't so much that they are difficult to keep. They tend to have rather short lives so unless you keep breeding and raising them then the setup gets expensive fast. Typically the ones people see in stores are already most the way through their lifespan.

Nice setup.

4. SubRosa

SubRosa AC Members

Yup they're the annual Killifish of the SW world. He has several in tank refugia that he used to hatch and raise the current batch until they were big enough to keep track of. They should start laying pretty soon and he's itching to go! Like Khemul said, they're really not difficult to keep as adults, provided they have reef tank water quality. The babies aren't really all that difficult either except that for the first part of their lives food absolutely must be alive and kicking. Those guys eat frozen shrimp right out of your hand.

5. AquatiCreations

AquatiCreations Registered something or another...

Are these Sepia Bandensis? If so, where on earth did you get them, or should I say where on earth can I​ get them?

6. SubRosa

SubRosa AC Members

Yup they're bandensis. www.tonmo.com is a good place to start to get info on them.

7. jpappy789

jpappy789 Plants need meat too

Josh
    Very cool! The MN zoo had a tank with them setup and I always told myself that if I were to setup a SW tank I'd go with these guys first...

8. vanillaXtiffy

vanillaXtiffy AC Members

Nilla
    Love it! I want to keep saltwater one day specifically so I can have cephs.

9. AfishIonado

AfishIonado AC Members

I wish I had a SW setup, too much of a pansy haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

10. SubRosa

SubRosa AC Members

Just got an update from the customer. It seems that there are definitely male and female cuttles present! Eggs! They're going away for the weekend but I'm getting out there early next week to move them into the net breeders and start the whole thing over again! I'll get pics, and see if any will be made available.