Daffodil Cichlid breeding Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
awsome tank! i need to get more sand ( my cat seems to think its fine to use my sand in my tanks that arent filled as a litter box....... ) and need to put more rocks in my 20 long, but i may be putting these guys in my 12G eclipess this weekend though.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
These are some of my absolute favourites - just beautiful little fish. Yours look like very good stock - good luck with the colony - I look forward to updates.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
coler, think a 12 gallon eclipes should be good for a pair? want to use my 20long for something else.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Thanks guys! Livebearerfreak, the 12 eclipse will probably work for a while but I think you'll run into trouble when they get larger. The place I got these from has some 5" daffodils that looked like they would not be too happy in a 12g! Any ideas for a good algae eater? Right now there is a small oto cat but I don't think they will tolerate him for too long. I am looking for something that is both good at eating algae and also won't harm any eggs or fry.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
A bristel nose pleco of good size or a Chinese algae eater is about the only thing that can withstand the aggression when they start to breed but still may fall victim..

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Well it's been about a week since I got the daffodils. They are settled into their new tank and are feeding well. Right now I am feeding 3x with Tetra Color and feeding frozen bloodworms every other day. I some more things about the tank. I am using Carib Sea Sahara Sand to raise the pH. One bag filled the 29 gallon quite well. I am running 2 filters, a Whisper EX30 and a Whisper 20. The Whisper 20 is what I am using as a biofilter as it is only filled with biomedia and has a Pothos plant growing out of it. The daffodils are quite colorful, more than most others I have seen. They have a blue patch on their cheeks and a bright yellow spot on their fins. The one I think is a male (not really sure) also has a darker body and a lot of yellow on his fins. I will try to upload some pics soon but AC has been acting up for me recently.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
When they get a little bigger cut back on the feedings 3x is a lot.. Nice job so far..

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
coler, think a 12 gallon eclipes should be good for a pair? want to use my 20long for something else.
Gotta say I think that is too small in the long term albeit that they might get going with breeding in there - Pittbull amongst others is the person to advise here though - I bow to his tang lore !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store