DIY Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Strip Light Retrofit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
thank you for this thread. I am going to do this myself--mind you i am a girl with a lot of blonde moments lol for my 90 gal with the full hood light. I am going to try to get at least 5 sets across but it is end up with 4 that would be okay. I currently use 2 55gal lights for it just like you have because the other one is shot.

Thanks for the instructions. I will repost in a week or two whether or not I get fried. either way. lol

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
oh i will. i have recruited my dad to help so someone is bound to get zzzapped lol :shocked::shocked::shocked:

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Good luck on getting zapped! Just kidding, it really is easy, just double check everything before plugging it in. If you have any questions, ask.

Also, you reminded me to order more light sockets so I can do my 28g. :)

Danyal

AC Members
May 20, 2007
this is an awesome mod, i just wish they had more choices in terms of bulb temps. so far i've seen 5k, 55k, 65k(what i'm using) and 50/50

Stidham

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Visit site
Great post. I bookmarked it so I can go back and read it again when I get ready to do this mod. So you have 4 bulb in each 24in light strip? Right.

That's cool

Later,
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store