Dr. Discus Bacter-cure?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Something_fishy_in_here

Registered Member
Jul 13, 2015
I bought this medication at the lfs on their advisement. Most of it is in chinese, except the dosage... Anyone know what's in this medication, and if it's any good? Thanks.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I'd never heard of this brand so did some digging, mostly for my own curiosity and it seems that no one at the company will tell you what is in the bottle. For me personally, if I don't know what is in it, I won't use it on my tank. Since there are no fish pharmacists, I like the label to tell me what the active ingredients are so that I can research how safe they are and things like that.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I too have never heard of it. What problems do your discus have?

Something_fishy_in_here

Registered Member
Jul 13, 2015
Ok so at this point, I know my betta has saprolegnia which has been causing his fins to rot away. We have been battling this illness for months. I had no idea what he had so I tried a bunch of different medications, and salt (which probably kept it at bay, but I think caused the bloating...) He may also have velvet. At some point he developed a gold sheen. It looks like paint though...not really like the pictures of "gold dust" I've seen. Not sure if it's velvet, or just a change in coloration from stress. We did a methylene blue bath today. Hoping that helps him heal up. I really thought that maybe he wasn't healing because of my hard, high ph water, but I also read that it helps keep saprolegnia at bay. I was considering cutting it with spring water. My ammo, nitrite, nitrate are all 0. temp 78, ph 8.0. It usually settles at 7.8, but his tank doesn't really get a chance since I change water every day.sick zuc.jpg zuc gold gills.jpg zuc white crust.jpg zucco gold.jpg zucco gold2.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
if truly fin rot, all you need is water changes....

Something_fishy_in_here

Registered Member
Jul 13, 2015
if truly fin rot, all you need is water changes....
I would like to point out that we've been dealing with this for months. I do water changes every day, and the only thing wrong is his high ph. He has not improved with water changes, salt, or medication. If you're going to post a comment, please make it something useful. His condition is only getting worse. Also it looks like some of my posts are missing...He's got dropsy. He's not pineconing yet. I've added epsom salt to the water, and I think that's helping keep it stable, but he's got the bloating, and the bulging eyes, and the gray belly. He's been like this for a couple weeks now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store