Educate me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

soft***l

AC Members
Jan 31, 2010
Hanover,pa
I have questions about two different loaches, first is it strange that my 3 yoyo loaches are not eating the pond snails in my livebearer tank,they seem to live in harmony with not only the pond snails but an apple snail that is in there. I have to keep thinning out the snails and feed them to my daughters red eared slider turtle which loves them but it is a pain to do that.
Second is it normal for my skunk loaches to eat off of the intake to the filter all the time, it seems that no matter when I look in the tank one of the two if not both are feeding at the intake to one of the filters.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That's odd! Maybe your yoyos are too well fed to bother with snails. You can try squishing a few against the glass to give them the idea. As for eating off the intake, no big deal. Lots of good stuff gets caught on it. Some of my fish check there often.

When I had small skunks they were hungry all the time. I think that was part of the trouble with them bothering other fish. We kept them with cichlids that expelled small amounts of food from their gills. The skunks were always trying to get the "food dispenser" (gills) to feed them. We ended up rehoming them, what a PITA to catch!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store