Egg Bound Clown Loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ClownLoach1

AC Members
Jan 4, 2021
I can’t up load a picture I wish I could
Question for an Epsom salt bath what are the measurements I put her in a hospital tank can I treat her in there? Or should I take her out into another container? I don’t want to stress her anymore really
Thank you for any help

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, you may have to have 5 (or 10) posts to be able to post pics.

The dosage for Epsom salt will depend on whether you do a short term dip or treat the entire tank...I'm not sure which is best in your girl's case or of the exact dosage...I looked it up & an epsom salt "dip" in a bucket seems to be 1 Tablespoon/1 gallon for 15 up to 30 minutes or until the fish shows distess (going limp, heavy breating, etc.) Measure as best you can if you can net her gently. Don't wander off, pay attention!

I think, but didn't look up, a whole tank epsom salt tx is 1 TBSP/5 gallons added over several hours. Look it up before trying this! It usual for a ~week with gradual removal via water changes.

You know I mean the "foot soak" type of Epsom salts sold in pharmacies (or Walmart), often in a "half gallon-ish" size box, right? Dissolved in tank water...

Good luck!

Reactions: dudley

ClownLoach1

AC Members
Jan 4, 2021
There is so many different option
On the internet
That’s why I asked
Thank you for all your help
She doesn’t look good today
Probably lose her and not for lack of trying
So sad
I’ll let you know

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Yes, plain unscented Epsom salt is dosed at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. It should first be dissolved in a container of tank water and then added slowly over the course of 4 to 6 hours while monitoring if the fish is distressed.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
C ClownLoach1 , I'm so sorry for your loss!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store