1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Evolve stock lights

Discussion in 'Marine Reef Keeping' started by littleg902, Feb 9, 2012.

1. littleg902

littleg902 AC Members

Are the aqueon evolve 8 gallon stock lights sufficient for shrooms and zoas? I have the 8 gl and dont want to spend any extra time and $ making my own led mod.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

2. greech

greech AC Moderators

Graham
    Couldn't find the specs on the LEDs for that tank but judging from the price of the entire system and similar setups from other manufacturers, I'm going to say maybe/probably to the shrooms and no to the zoanthids. Shrooms can grow under just about any light. The live rock tank at my LFS has had a large rock covered in shrooms for well over 6 months and the only light on that tank are the fluorescent bulbs in the ceiling (room lighting). Not guaranteeing they will thrive but shrooms should survive under those LEDs.

3. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 AC Members

I have one of each size in my office and in the 8 I have a duncan and a chalice doing well under it. My zoas did not do well at the bottom of the tank so I moved them up under the light. I also have a Biocube skimmer in the back.

Andy

4. littleg902

littleg902 AC Members

Thanks for the tips. I'll try zoas in direct light and if they don't do well I'll just add a par 30 to the mix

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App