Farlowella (load warning)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Sooo awesome, what is the activity level of these guys? I know most plecos are very shy and hide a lot, but just wondering.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Sooo awesome, what is the activity level of these guys? I know most plecos are very shy and hide a lot, but just wondering.
He is very active, all over the tank and noming on everything not shy and never runs when im up next to the tank or moving around, VERY interesting guy^_^

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
nice! Looks super cool:) can't wait for myself to get one:D

just an additional comment...
make the 65 look better than the 40;) might be hard though since your 40 looks quite good:)

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
nice! Looks super cool:) can't wait for myself to get one:D

just an additional comment...
make the 65 look better than the 40;) might be hard though since your 40 looks quite good:)

he is awesome!! so glad..never planned on having him but love it!

ahha and im working on getting the 65 up to par with the 40..i need more logs and rocks to fill it in..its a work in progress.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
That's a really cool looking fish. I am a big pleco fan. Great shots of him too. I really like his Pinocchio nose. :)

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I love Farlowellas! I only remember seeing one once many years ago, I didn't know what it was at the time, but they labelled it "twig catfish" ...which I must say describes it better than "whiptail pleco" (which I have also heard people call it). It is in the Loricariidae family along with Otos, Panaques and other fish besides plecos though, so I guess that's why :)

The tangles of root driftwood look exactly like what the habitat calls for...good job!
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Farlowella&species=vittata&id=1034

Apr 2, 2002
New York
BTW- these guys will spawn in tanks. Try and find a mste if you can.

I have a thread here re mine. Unfortunately, when I changed where my pictures are hosted this site was one where I could not edit my posts to change the URLs so the pictures are gone. Here are two:

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I love Farlowellas! I only remember seeing one once many years ago, I didn't know what it was at the time, but they labelled it "twig catfish" ...which I must say describes it better than "whiptail pleco" (which I have also heard people call it). It is in the Loricariidae family along with Otos, Panaques and other fish besides plecos though, so I guess that's why :)

The tangles of root driftwood look exactly like what the habitat calls for...good job!
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile...ittata&id=1034

^_^ yeah this guy was a present supreme to get with the tank i bought!
love him so much now.

and on the habitat...that was just lucky the tank was already set up like that for my tinanti^_^ who are also river fish so it worked out perfectly!

Very cool! He looks nice & healthy, sometimes hard to tell with such a skinny fish. Gudgeon looks great too, nice tank.
Thank you ^_^ i try very hard to offer my fish the healthiest environment i can ..witch to me is as close to nature as possible! it seems to work..and brings out the best in them. and i love my little girl gudgeon!! she is so amusing to watch interact with everyone..cant wait to find her a male.

BTW- these guys will spawn in tanks. Try and find a mste if you can.

I have a thread here re mine. Unfortunately, when I changed where my pictures are hosted this site was one where I could not edit my posts to change the URLs so the pictures are gone. Here are two:

really?! that is awesome!
do you know how to sex them?.....can you find me a link to your thread so i can read threw it?^_^
that is neat..i really want to try and breed them now...if only i can get ahold of another one my LFS says they don't get them on the list often.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store