Finally got my dream loach!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
congrats on new fish.............

but, there is a pleco that looks like that, i forgot what it is called, it is kind of rare and like $10 online on aquabid,
maybe it was mislabeled on aquabid too, then, i'm not sure, but it looked like a pleco cuz of its eyes, but had the fins of the hillstream loach.

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
congrats on new fish.............

but, there is a pleco that looks like that, i forgot what it is called, it is kind of rare and like $10 online on aquabid,
maybe it was mislabeled on aquabid too, then, i'm not sure, but it looked like a pleco cuz of its eyes, but had the fins of the hillstream loach.
There's a fish related to what he got that gets sold as a "Hong Kong Pleco." That's not a Pleco either, but what he has is definitely Sewellia Lineolata, the Reticulated Hillstream Loach.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Congrats on your sewellia ! I started with a group of 10 of these in a 46BF, and now must have 25+ after 3 years. I got mine from Brian at Brians Tropicals. They can't be too hard to spawn, cause mine have spawned 3 or 4 times and I have done nothing. I have 2 AC70s on the tank for flow, and that is it. Every1 says they like lower temps, but mine are at 80° and still spawning. The hardest thing is to catch the fry when you are trying to get them out !! Good luck.

vanillaXtiffy

AC Members
Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Real Name
Nilla
Gorgeous! I love these guys, great find!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
Congrats on your sewellia ! I started with a group of 10 of these in a 46BF, and now must have 25+ after 3 years. I got mine from Brian at Brians Tropicals. They can't be too hard to spawn, cause mine have spawned 3 or 4 times and I have done nothing. I have 2 AC70s on the tank for flow, and that is it. Every1 says they like lower temps, but mine are at 80° and still spawning. The hardest thing is to catch the fry when you are trying to get them out !! Good luck.
I wish now I would have bought more, hopefully I lucked out and got a male/female and will see some spawning later on.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Yup this is definitely not a pleco :)
yeah, i know:)
but I was trying to say there is a fish that looks close to urs, but is way more pleco like, and is a pleco

AlyssaKay

AC Members
Sep 17, 2011
Woodland, CA
lottatanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Alyssa Kay
How big do they get? I just saw a bunch of these in a local store and totally thought that they were awesome - but no one in the store knew what they were, LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store