First kuhli loach!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Your baby kuhli is adorable and I hope he/she has a big kuhli family again soon.

Petco has a fish guarantee so they should replace the entire batch for free. If you want the store to keep the next shipment of loaches a week or so to see if they survive, ask them to put a "KUHLIS ARE ALREADY SOLD" sign on the tank or someone else is sure to snag them.

There's no telling what handling, water params, etc. they fish will experience at the store, however, so picking them up immediately on arrival again might be the best option. If you do, I recommend keeping them in a hospital tank for at least a week or two, and treating them with Sechem ParaGuard to kill any nasties they may be carrying.

Good luck!

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
Thank you... I'm so in love with him (her)! Such a character.

I'm hoping that another batch of 6 will come in this week, but they can't hold them for me, unfortunately. They will give me my money back, though. I wouldn't have bought them if they didn't have a guarantee, since I was expecting to lose some, you know?

I do have a QT/hospital set up now, so I think the plan is to go and get them as soon as they come in, rush them home and start treating them for internal/external parasites and whatever I can without hurting them. I'll look into that medicine. Thank you for the recommendation!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Sorry to hear that you lost the batch, I picked up my first 2 a couple days ago, and have another 15 on order. I am hoping that they make it from PA to VA without any issues. As far as I can tell the original 2 are doing OK, kind of hard to find them though in my tank, it's a 55G with a lot of plants and caves. Hopefully when the others arrive they will be more visible.

How did you acclimate them to your tank? I use the drip method on mine, place the bag into a bucket and a stick to hold the bag upright, put the airline into the bag and let the water slowly fill the bag and overflow into the bucket (the fish stay in the bag). Eventually I then empty most of the water out of the bag, and move the bag to the tank and let the fish swim out on their own.

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
Thank you... I'm so in love with him (her)! Such a character.

I have my fingers crossed that your new babies will make the trip without problems.

I'm hoping that another batch of 6 will come in tomorrow, but they can't hold them for me, unfortunately. They will give me my money back for the losses, though. I wouldn't have bought them if they didn't have a guarantee, since I was expecting to lose some, you know?

I do have a QT/hospital set up now, so I think the plan is to go and get them as soon as they come in, rush them home and start treating them for internal/external parasites and whatever I can without hurting them. I'll look into that medicine. Thank you for the recommendation!

As for the acclimation, I had been dripping, but switched to Msjinkzd's method of acclimation. I can't remember where she wrote it down, though!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Mine are shipping out Monday, and should be with me Wednesday. I had hoped to get them this week, not a big deal though. The 2 I have already are doing well, they are usually out and about in the tank and eating anything they find.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store