Going on Holiday

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Hey guys,

Just an update: I sold off all of my fish :shock: 16 wild C. gibberosa (Mikula) and my calvus. I took an exciting new job in Southwest Florida and I am super busy getting the house ready to sell and all the little things that have to happen. A little overwhelmed at the moment. My wife and I are looking forward to trading Lake Effect snow from Lake Michigan (In Northern Indiana) for palm trees and sunshine.

I'm actually, very relieved, to not have any fish to take care of. Think I needed a break.

A friend purchased half of my Mikula and is baby sitting my show calvus for me should I want him back in a year... some pics of the calvus in this thread: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/black-congo-calvus-palau.673337/

LOL, my wife wanted me to let all my fish friends know that she is my only hobby now - I'm good with that (she's a keeper for sure). We are, somewhat, young empty nesters. She's my best friend and we are hopeful to have a lot of fun in Florida

I'll check back in from time to time.

Take care,
Russ

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Congrats! I've never regretted moving south. Hope you are back in the hobby soon!

Reactions: Razzo

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Sounds like you are a keeper too. :)
Hope you come back to the hobby, but in the mean time, Good Luck!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Oh man! You always had such amazing fish with the skill and gear to show them off. It will all be missed but seems like a good trade off. :) I always wanted some of your calvus babies but the timing never worked out.

You guys make a beautiful couple! Enjoy each other! Make sure you share some pictures from your new FL adventures please.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Good luck to you both. Nothing like a long distance move to focus on what really counts! We did a coast to coast move 5 years ago. No regrets, just awesome new opportunities, for life & fish!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
Thanks guys! I plan to hang out on AC sometimes. This is one of the sites I have been on the longest. I'm planning to upgrade my camera gear to a full; frame sensor camera and do some Gulf sunset shots and canoeing the everglades and photographing wildlife. Oh, also, think I have the wife talked into doing scuba diving lessons with me too.

Still packing up the house - craziness

Reactions: myswtsins

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Damn Russ! What are you guys.. like 30.. and empty nesters!?! (LOL! kidding) Best of luck with the move, new job, etc.

I do love FL. Been there a bunch of times for business and pleasure. Without kids I could live there no problem. Gonna be a while for me..

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
Damn Russ! What are you guys.. like 30.. and empty nesters!?! (LOL! kidding) Best of luck with the move, new job, etc.

I do love FL. Been there a bunch of times for business and pleasure. Without kids I could live there no problem. Gonna be a while for me..
Thanks FF.

30's! You are my new BFF! What's your address bc you are now on my Christmas Card mailing list :). LOL! I'm almost 50.

That beautiful babe on my right,my wife of 25 years, keeps me young at heart. I love her with all of my heart!

Southwest Florida is going well! 82 degrees with below 50% humidity is hard to beat.

Hope all my AC friends are doing well!

Blessings,
Russ

Reactions: FreshyFresh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store