Goldfish Getting Bloated No Matter What I Do!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kitty1297

AC Members
Jul 25, 2012
So, I posted this post http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...-for-over-a-year!-Any-ideas-on-what-to-do-now back in July.
Well, I got better filtration since then and the red that she used to get all the time has gone away since we hooked up the new filter. I solved that issue, but now I have a continuing issue that I can't solve.
Penny gets bloated all the time and it doesn't seem to matter how much food or what kind of food. I was feeding her the Pro-Gold from Goldfish Connections since about July/August. I tried breaking them into smaller pellets and that didn't work. I tried mixing it up with peas and cucumber slices a couple times a week. Sometimes though, I end up skipping feedings if she's still bloated.
Just today I got in another order from Goldfish Connections. I ordered the Seafood Flakes, Spirulina, and Salad Supreme. I fed my fish the seafood flakes immediately because Penny was very dull colored and is getting too thin. That was at around 3:30 pm today. She looked immediately happier and shinier right after she ate. She was back to her normal swimming. Then I noticed about an hour and a half after feeding that she was bloated and floating at the top. It's been 9 hours since they ate and she's still bloated.

My tank is still a 55 gallon tank with 5 goldfish in it.
Not including their tails in the measurement,
Penny is still about 5 to 5.5 inches.
Lucky is about 4.5 inches.
Larry is about 3.5 inches.
Moe is about 3 inches.
Curly is about 2.5 inches.

I know I need to get a bigger tank one day, but I'm hoping this one will last until my boyfriend and I can get our own place. I just don't know what to do about her bloating and I'm worried about her because she looks like she's getting too thin and her scales are dull. Any ideas on what to do?

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
are you soaking the food first? are you sure that she is really a female?there are many reasons for goldfish bloat.what kind of goldfish are they?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store