Good plants for a 20L tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I use 2lb fluorocarbon to tie my plants, mostly because I have a ton of it for tying trout leaders. It can be tricky to work with because it's so thin and doesn't always stay tight. Fishing line works pretty well, but the thinner it is, the more "invisible" it becomes. Some people use cotton thread, which will disintegrate over time, and by the time it does, your plants will have already attached themselves.

Alternately, if you have something like wood that has natural crevices, you can tuck the rhizome into the crevice and the plant will eventually attach itself as the roots grow. I have an anubias in my 29g that I attached to a piece of mopani by threaded the roots thru a hole in the wood.

Java fern grows very slowly, and once it gets going, it tends to "sprout" new plants from the old leaves.

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Okay. I will definitely check it out some time!

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Do you know of any good plants to put at the back of my tank to make it look fuller and more of a natural scene? Something kind of like grass?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store