Greater Akron Aquarium Society Spring Auction 2023

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
The Greater Akron Aquarium Society is holding their Spring Auction on April 16, 2023 this year, one month later than normal due to water damage at their regular auction venue. You can find out more about the club and the Spring and Fall auctions at Akron fish club Spring and Fall Auctions 2023

Reactions: dougall

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Ooh, big club actions can be really great!...& sometime a bit dangerous, lol. IME, at other club mega meets, go early for most selection &/or stay late for bargains. They can be a lot of fun! Don't be shy, talk to people! Ask questions!

Will you be going Dee? I think it's your local club. What are you bringing, anything? Something extra cool? I got 2 species/varieties of apistos, a pair of killifish, some cool red cherry shrimp variety & probably some other good stuff like plants & equipment...None were planned for but were great!

You probably have to be a member to sell things but almost all clubs let you buy without joining (bring cash!). All I can say is check it out if you live within a hour or so, a fun fish day out! There might be cool restaurants or LFS nearby. Or maybe the club is selling a good lunch? In MA mine sold sausage & peppers very reasonably priced & beverages too. & there were 2 or 3 fish shops nearby, so fun!

Reactions: dudley

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I plan on going since it has been a couple years since I last attended. It is one of local clubs that I belong to or at least attend their auctions. We are really blessed as there are at least 6 local clubs within a 2 hour drive and many are members of all the clubs.

I used to bring offspring from my various Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika cichlids but have been winding down on my collections. I may bring Julidochromis dickfeldi 'livua' as the tank is getting a bit full.

Most local clubs allow both buying and selling fish regardless of whether you are a member or not. Usually the payout split to sellers is 5% less than a member gets so 75% to non-member of selling price and 80% to a member.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store