1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Help! BOXFISH poisoned tank!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by Crystalisabel5, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Crystalisabel5

Crystalisabel5 Registered Member

hello everyone,
    i had bought a boxfish a few weeks back and he ended up getting to stressed and dieing in the tank. I took him out right away and flushed him but then i noticed that all my fish were breathing really fast and swimming really slow so i moved them to my other tank. I left my blue legged crabs and starfish in with a few other crabs and snails and things and they ALL died the next day. I emptied the water out and cleaned the rocks and did a nice clean up and then put new water in and got the levels normal. Then i went and bought a fish and it died soon after i put it in the tank. Then i bought another and it did the same thing!! now i dont know what to do. how to i get the poison out of the tank?

2. DoctaQ

DoctaQ all your wheel are belong to us

if youve tested all your levels, try carbon, worst case you might need to replace the rocks if theyve absorbed a lot of toxin

chemipure and purigen could be good too.

a lot of die off could cause ammonia too

#2 DoctaQ, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

Andrew
    Yes, please give a list of your parameters. Do not buy more fish until that can be confirmed.

4. EmilyMarie85

EmilyMarie85 AC Members

Emily
    Wow - that is crazy. I don't dabble in saltwater, but I have seen cow fish and thought they were pretty cute -- not so sure now that I know they are an atomic bomb... ;)

5. Cerianthus

Cerianthus AC Members

If tank has no livestock and parameters are w/in reason, raise the temp as high as you can as heat will break up the any possible residues of toxins faster + high quality carbon/equivalents.

Hope all goes well.

6. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    And carbon will work too.