Help me stock my 75 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I have a 75 gallon tank that I'm wanting to stock with tang. cichlids. Right now I have 3 Neolamprologus Pulchers, and 4 Altolamprologus calvus 'White chaitika'. I'm wanting to get a species of shell dwellers, and maybe a top dwelling species. I was thinking of doing Neolamprologus Signatus, but those are hard to find. Maybe some Cypochromis? If they eventually get too big, I can put them in the 200 with my frontosa. I need some help! :feedback:

Rafini

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
I thought the Cyprichromis were the natural food of Frontosa?

You could always go with a non cichlid like hatchetfish or something that will just glide at the top. I heard that Brichardi species aren`t great with cyps because cyps like the hang near tall rock structures, and those are the same territory that the brichardi complex would protect and spawn at

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
No more than 2 species of substrate spawners in a 4' tank. Paracyp's are the ones that like tall rock structures, Cyp's are open-water fish that need more swimming space. Any of the brichardi complex will eventually take over the whole tank, don't count on the calvus to eat their fry. Sailfin mollies may work for a top-dwelling fish, but they may be too active and stress out the calvus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store