HELP-Red Tailed Black Shark attacking new fish!!! EEEK!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mlucifersam

AC Members
Anyone reckon I could let the Black Shark out before bed and just see what happens? Of just leave it all as it is? He looks sad trapped in a bag now that he's been living in there for a good 3 months!

mlucifersam

AC Members

mlucifersam

AC Members
Exactly , and mine has a MEAN personality!! :p

mlucifersam

AC Members
I'm such a saddo. I got up EARLY cos I was worried about me Black Shark! Well he survived the night in the bag, I released him back into the tank and the little tinker proceeded to attack the poor Silvers again! So those 2 are now in a bucket of tank water, with a themometer in and waiting for the Fish Shop to open. Hopefully it wasn't all to stressfull for them and they can go back. Now I've 12 quids worth of fish to replace. Any suggestions? I have 9 male Guppies, 4 Mountain Minnows, 2 Pearl Gouramis, 4 Pristella (X-Ray) Tetras, 1 Suckermouth Catfish, 1 Red Tailed Black Shark, 3 African Dwarf Frogs, 70 Litre Tank.

Thanks for all ya help too!

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
I'm glad everyone made it through the nite!

How about more of the pristellas tetras? Get another 6 and you'd have a really nice school!! Or get 1 more pristella and 5 of a different tetra?

Let's see, you're in england right, so it's already 5pm over there... and I assume you've gone to the lfs already...

Let us know what you ended up doing!!

~Tara

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Probably too late but I would have added more fish to the schooling fish. A few more white clouds and more tetras.

It was good to take those balas back. A 70 litre tank just wouldn't have cut it.

mlucifersam

AC Members
Howdy, there was NO DEATH, everyone made it! I ended up getting 2 more tetras (cant remember what type but the female has a brown tinge and the male blue and they are slightly bigger than the Pristella Tetras), 2 Kissing Gourami and 2 Variated (?) Platys who look lovely!! The Black Shark went mad showing everyone who's boss when i put them in but now he's calmed down and everyone seems to be getting on hunky dory.

Only thing is the male Guppies seem to think the new Platys are female Guppies and are doing that thing where they float in front of them and display and/or release sperm (is that what they are doing?Anyone put me right?) DUHHH!

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
I know JUST what those male guppies are doing... don't worry about it - as far as I know, male guppies can't impregnate platies (OR CAN THEY??)... but yeah, when we used to have guppies, my husband would call that the guppy's booty call...

I'm glad everyone made it through the night and that the lfs didn't give you any flak for exchanging!

~Tara

mlucifersam

AC Members
BUt what are the guppies REALLY doing when they do that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store