Help! Stocking a community tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cicrush13

AC Members
Oct 4, 2010
Detroit
Real Name
Steve
Angels will only be aggressive during breeding. You can stick two of them in there.

You can also put a dwarf gourami in there with the angels.

I currently have an opaline gourami in w/ 2 angels in a 60 gallon tank and have never had a problem.

I would recommend tetras with them. Lemons would be good, just be warned diamond shaped tetras can be nippy. Maybe look at rummynose or cardinal tetras, both will be fine, just get young angels.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Sorry to hijack this a tad but would 2 Angels work with this stocking
Bolivian ram (around 5cm)
10 fully grown rummy nose
10 nearly fully grown cardinals
And one tiger pleco

Thanks
Tony

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pandalover1000

AC Members
Mar 12, 2012
I'll probably buy my angelfish from big Al's. I'm not sure if they sell Blue angelfish though... But those sound cool

pandalover1000

AC Members
Mar 12, 2012
Ok after taking all these comments into consideration, I think I'll do:

1 small angelfish
6 panda ccories
6 lemon tetras
6 rummy nose or black neon tetras

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
With two would there not be aggression problems? Why was the single fish not the same? Sorry I an just about to buy a single one for my 63g community tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aggression problems with Angels typically occurs amongst themselves when they're in a small group and beginning to pair. Other than that, generally they're pretty peaceful. If you have 2, the chances are still slim that you'd get them to pair. If they did, they would only show aggression if they laid eggs and were defending their territory.

In a tank that large you shouldn't have any problems at all with two. Even if they pair up, they've got plenty of room, and even that aggression isn't like your hardcore crazy African Cichlid aggression or anything, its more parental protection type behavior really.

They normally won't really bother other tankmates, IME.

Just having the one didn't seem to bring out its normal social behaviors. They are much more interesting together. They're very intelligent fish with personality and will recognize the tank owner and even beg for food when you come near the tank. They're pretty clever.

I would certainly do 2 in your tank with no worries whatsoever, given of course that you have the room and compatible tankmates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store