1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Help! stuff coming out of my anemones mouth

Discussion in 'Anemone' started by KLelle, Jul 23, 2010.

1. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

there's stuff coming out of my anemones mouth, he's always been fine before this is the first time it's been like that the first bit was brownish then followed by white it seems that that is it....now that it's going away from his mouth i don't see anymore but i don't know what it is, is he okay?

_MG_4686small.jpg _MG_4688small.jpg

#1 KLelle, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Ace25

Ace25 www.centralcoastreefclub. com

99% chance it is just "pooping". It is very scary to a person the first time they see that happen... and shrink up to almost nothing, but it is completely normal behavior.

3. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

there's some pictures!

4. Ace25

Ace25 www.centralcoastreefclub. com

Oh wow, that thing looks REALLY sick, being white. As much as I would like to give a positive reply, I honestly don't see that one making a recovery. Give it LOTS of light and LOTS of food and there may be a chance, but I suspect it may be too far gone. Seeing the Cyano on your rocks behind the anemone also tells me you have some things wrong with your water.. some parameters are off and probably not nearly enough flow if I had to guess.

5. KLelle

KLelle AC Members

i'm going into the fish store tmw to pick up some more food for it and get my water tested so we'll see about my water and it was white when i bought it hasn't changed colour since :s