Honey Gouramis with Parasites in the tissue?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Javanatta

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hey, I’ve got a 16 gallon with three honey gouramis and 6 black neons. I noticed that two of the gouramis have what looks like oval shaped dark… blobs IN their tissue, and i wouldn’t say they’re small (I’ll post a photo in T-6 posts). One has got like one, another has got two, and my last lil dude has 7! Some of them look deep but some are close to the surface and create a lil bump. I’ve been looking through the different illnesses in the lists and while some like black spot sound familiar the images i find look nothing like it. I’ve got prozi and some expel p? Do y’all think those could help or should i get other medications?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Welcome to AC!

I don't think I'm understanding well just yet. Give me & others a chance to digest your info...It's almost my bedtime. Can you post pics now?

We want to help...but we're apt to have more questions right now. Be patient...Are you in the US? Many of us on AC are but not all. If you're not, you may have fewer drug choices...In a vague way where do you live? That will help us help you.

Do you have water test numbers for your tank? What test did you use? We will have a ton more questions but we will try to help!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
How are the pix postings things going? I think you may have to have 5 or more posts to be "OK'd" for your own pics but that may be old info. Just answer a few times here or elsewhere & you should be able to post pix soon. We want to help you but, well, we can't see! Help us help you!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am almost sure this is not it, but look into Argulas. Do a Google for them in the Images area of Google so you can rule them out as what you are seeing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store